[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Is Hoarder bugged?

Is Hoarder bugged?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Is Hoarder bugged?

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Thieves get one extra gold pile and 4 (!!!) extra shops. From the description, you'd expect 2-3 extra gold piles and 2 extra shops. They get more shops than Tinkers!
Sidestepper

Re: Is Hoarder bugged?

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:49 pm

dislekcia

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:06 pm

For some reason, closing and restarting DTD made it stop. I can't prove it was happening , but it was definitely a real thing. I had generated several maps (Eastern Tundra, if it makes a difference), and there ten shops for Thieves (not counting the apothecary), and the usual six shops for everyone else (where "everyone else" means "Transmuter"). No preps, either. Dunno why it happened, dunno why it stopped, will take screen captures if I see it again.
Sidestepper

Postby Tinker on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:14 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Ah ha! I'm not crazy! I'm not!

10 shops and 13 gold piles. Purist run. Max level Bazaar. The only things I touched were some low level monsters and the LEMISEE glyph.

It only happens with Thieves, and the gold piles and shops seem to be random.
Sidestepper

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Um. Normal shop count should be 8 at Bazaar lvl 3.

Sometimes a shop might not appear if there aren't enough items in the shop list to populate all of them, or if the game can't find a legal place for a shop in X number of attempts. That's pretty rare though, I haven't had that happen in a whole bunch of test runs that all had 8 shops in them.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons