[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Features you would have liked to see in DD

Features you would have liked to see in DD

All things Desktop Dungeons

Features you would have liked to see in DD

Postby William on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Reading the post about Crawly McCrawlsa wanting a reconnect feature, it made me think of features I would have liked to see in DD. I realise that DD is no longer developed, but it would be interesting to see what people can come up with. I would have liked a Practice mode for dailies, which becomes available each day only after you have completed the current daily (something like Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth). This would allow for what if x or y changed scenarios and messing around with optimizing piety and XP gains, or improving speed (obviously not submitted to the leaderboard).
"Because Goatperson"
William

Re: Features you would have liked to see in DD

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Ability to turn off cloud sync would be nice.

Prior to the introduction of D.E.R.P. this wasn't an issue since you just didn't log in if you didn't want the feature, but since you need to log in to play the daily you're forced to sync even if you don't want to. Cloud sync drastically increases the save time (in some cases I take over 1 minute to save) which is unacceptable for a feature I'm not actually using.
Darvin

Postby Tinker on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Well, some sort of (admittedly) un-rogue-like misclick/brainfreeze protection would've been nice, in the context of Dailies and VGT especially. We'd have much more longer streaks, I guess. And no I'm not going to quote the dozen or so threads where this has already been brought up, and what the devs responded, I know it's never happening, so I'm just saying... ;)

@William, cool idea, I also sometimes think how cool it would be to re-do a daily and take different choices! :P

@Darvin, does saving really take so long for you? I mean, I do see the save/sync sometimes for a long time, but it doesn't actually stop anything, so I just keep playing, and eventually the "Saving..." message disappears. Or not, I don't really care, point is it doesn't stop the game. Or does it? :roll:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:40 pm

Darvin

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:23 am

I would like to have seeded runs, so you can share a special run you come across and see how others do or to set up a challenge or tournament kind of thing.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Tinker on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Tinker

Postby eastless on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:18 pm

eastless

Postby smuglapse on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:59 am

A counter for revealed walls and plants would've been nice. ;)
smuglapse

Postby William on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:16 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Tinker on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Post-it. I use it every time I have a serious game and I'm using Earthmother. (The thing is not so much how many plants are *on screen*, that I can count, but how many plants are there *altogether*... :lol:).

But yeah, some sort of counting support would help. I always miscount. :oops:
Tinker

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons