[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - My Mod Ideas

My Mod Ideas

All things Desktop Dungeons

My Mod Ideas

Postby Haileystraza on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:01 am

Firstly I've been informed the game isn't setup to be moddable at all so this probably won't become a reality, but feel free to goggle at some of the ideas I came up with.

Glyphs

SHOKANAWE- 5 mana to cast. Deals 4 points of magic damage per player level to the target. Applies a stack of Paralysis (stacks capped by level).
Paralysis reduces the monsters damage on their next attack by 2. Additional stacks multiply the effect exponentially. (2 stacks = -4 damage, 3 stacks = -8 damage, 4 stacks = -16 damage, etc.)
[[can basically nullify an attack for around 40 mana, but it won't build as much damage as burndayraz. Hopefully since it'll only block one attack tops its balanced, I'm sure raising the mana cost would help if its not. Enemies should still retaliate to this with retaliate: fireball.]]
WHUPAZ - 8 mana to cast. Your next attack deals 15% of the target's current HP as bonus damage. (bonus damage is capped at your base damage)
[[This is a shoe-in, but it works with a class that is listed later down the line.]]
BUCKLUP - 4 mana to cast. Grants 1 damage block per player level and Spiked Shield until the next time you take damage.
Spiked Shield deals 1 damage per level to attackers and erodes their resistances by 3%

Classes

Normal Classes

Martial Artist -
One-Inch Punch - Start with WHUPAZ, deals damage as a percentage of the target's max HP.
Unarmed Spirit - Start with -40% damage bonus and -1 damage per level. Mana regeneration is doubled,
Fists of Fury - Gain Reflexes upon hitting the conversion threshold.

Ninja -
Ninjutsu - Attacks and spells ignore 35% of the target's resistances. [[This should also reduce the fail chance of spells on magic resistant enemies]]
Hensōjutsu - After killing a monster, gain one of its traits until your next attack.
Shinobi-iri - Gain 10% dodge chance each time you cast a glyph, resets to zero after you dodge.

Monster Classes

Wood Golem -
Splinters - Start with BUCKLUP, glyph can stack. (Mana cost doubles each time)
Slow and Steady - +1 base damage per level, starts with 10% physical resistance and 10% damage bonus. Always strikes last, except against slowed enemies.
Combustible - 50% magical vulnerability.

100 conversion points for conversion effect.
Slows all visible enemies on hitting conversion threshold. Conversion threshold increases by 20 each time.

Gods

Arachnea, Goddess of Darkness
Initial Worship: Free APHEELSIK
Punishment: Inflicts Posion and Mana burn. If already poisoned and mana burnt, all enemies gain Fast Regen. If poisioned and mana burnt and enemies have Fast Regen, your HP regeneration from tiles is permanently reduced to 1.
Preparation Penalty: Healing from tiles is equal to half your level, rounded up.

First time you Poison, Corrode, Burn or Paralyze a monster:+2 Piety
Kill a higher level monster: +4 Piety
Use a Potion: +1 Piety

Dislikes
Waste a tile: -1 Piety
Kill a lower level monster: -2 Piety
Become Poisoned or Mana Burned: -5 Piety

Boons
Concealment (Repeatable): Costs 5+10n Piety - Covers up 15 random tiles.
Acid Touch (Repeatable): Costs 30+30n Piety - Grants 1 level of Corrosive Strike.
Coup de grâce: Costs 40 Piety - Deal 10% bonus damage to enemies for each different condition they're afflicted with (out of Poison, Corrosion, Burn and paralysis).
Sacrifice (Repeatable): Costs 10+10n Piety - Reduce your mana to 0 and your HP to 1, but gain 1 conversion point per % of your HP lost and the effects of WHUPAZ and BUCKLUP.
Gateway: Costs 60 Piety - Create a stairway to a random subdungeon.

Dungeons

Mystic Woods
Enemies:
Dendroid/Ent - 70%ATK, 70%HP. Has 2 damage block per level and Fast Regen.
Fairy - 100%ATK, 70% HP. First Strike, Magical Attack, Retaliate: Fireball, Blinks.
Forest Spirit - 80%ATK, 80%HP. 30% Physical Resistance, 30% Magical Resistance, Cowardly, Bloodless.
Insect Warrior - 115%ATK, 100%HP. First Strike, 50% dodge chance.

Bosses:
Thornbranch - Ent Boss, has 4 damage block per level, 20% Physical and Magical Resistance and Fast Regen.
Morgan - Fairy Boss, same skills as Fairy.
Insect Queen - 50%ATK and 150%HP, Spawns Insect Warrior, Cowardly.

Quests

<name> thinks they can create golems made of wood, but only using logs harvested from the Mystic Woods.
Unlocks Wood Golem after clearing with 3 classes.

Anyway, congrats if you made it to the bottom of this post and read everything. I think thats enough for now, though I had planned to round things out with a few more classes, another god and a couple more dungeons. So... If I end up solidifying those other ideas, I might update this thread~
Haileystraza

h0I

Postby Haileystraza on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:48 pm

I just wanted to throw in a couple of things I had thought about! Firstly Ent enemies could drop a small item that provides 1 damage block, much like the enemies which drop wisp charms, etc. Secondly the wood golem class... I'm nooooot sure how good the name or concept wood golem is thematically. I also dunno if the stat boost it gets is worth permanent slow strike and magic vulnerability (which I know nothing like that is in the game currently, but essentially it'd just increase magic damage by 50%), but on top of the repeatable BUKLUP I was trying to be fairly balanced with the boost!

I think out of this entire list my favourite thing is Ninja! And I also realized I didn't explain Hensōjutsu very well (but doing so would end up with a huge block of text in the middle of the class) so I'm gonna clear it up down here.
Basically whenever a Ninja kills a monster they gain a bonus until their next attack. They can take any of the following ones!
Physical Resist (Grants the Ninja 30% physical resistance until their next attack)
Magical Resist (Grants the Ninja 30% magical resistance until their next attack)
Magical Attack (Makes your next attack magical)
Poisonous (Applies 2 levels of Poison on your next attack)
Mana Burn (Applies 3 stacks of burning on your next attack)[[Didn't really know a better way to do mana burn!]]
Life Steal (Grants 2 levels of lifesteal on your next attack)
Corrosive (Applies 3 stacks of corrosion on your next attack)
Cursed (Errodes 9% of enemy resistances on your next attack)
Weakening Blow (Applies 3 stacks of Paralysis on your next attack) [[the max stacks is still capped by level, as SHOKANAWE's effect]]
Knockback (Grants 50% knockback on your next attack)
Death Gaze (Grants Death Gaze 50%, with the same rules as the Gorgon class)
Berzerks (Increase your base damage on your next attack by 50%, if below half hp.)
Undead (Grants immunity to Posion and Mana Burn on your next attack.)
Blinks (Teleports you randomly after your next attack)
Cowardly (Moves you back after you attack, as if the enemy had knockback.)
Haileystraza

Re: My Mod Ideas

Postby Tinker on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:23 pm

Darvin

Postby Haileystraza on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:43 am

Haileystraza

Postby dislekcia on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:12 pm

I dreamt that these somehow appeared in the game last night via Steam mods. I was very, very confused...
dislekcia

Postby Haileystraza on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:20 pm

Is that a good thing or a bad thing though? ^-^
Haileystraza

Return to Desktop Dungeons