[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Help this n00b out

Help this n00b out

All things Desktop Dungeons

Help this n00b out

Postby Jankomatic on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Pretty new to the game and I have been struggling even in these low level dungeons. Take a look at this screenshot and tell me what you would do. I can't seem to figure out how to kill that one 6 on the screen, let alone a 7. I could keep exploring on the bottom, but don't want to waste my resources.

Not sure why the edge of the picture is being cut off, but I have burndayraz,wonafyt,pisorf and imawal.
Thanks in advance.

Jankomatic

Re: Help this n00b out

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:02 am

This is probably too late (not sure why nobody responded) but anyway I will try to offer a few tips.

The L6 is a Zombie, Zombies have more hitpoints than the average so they aren't optimal targets but you can still attempt to kill it. You should kill the L1 Zombie to free up access to tiles in the middle for "Regen Fighting".

What this means is you hit the target (L6 Zombie) until you can't take any more damage, cast Burndayraz on it 1 or 2 times depending on your mana. When enemy has a burn stack on it, it will "regen 1 less health per tile" so instead of 6 HP, it will regen only 5 HP per tile which is the same as you.

After this, you explore more tiles until you can hit or kill it. If you can't kill it, just explore until you have enough mana for casting Burndayraz once and repeat the process, i.e. hit it, cast Burndayraz, regen, etc.

If you can line it up against a monster, you can also use Pisorf to deal damage to it.

Humans also get +10% Attack bonus per 100 conversion points so you can convert glyphs if you aren't using them, like for example Imawal. Bysseps give you +30% damage for 2 mana and you can pick it up and use it, helps with regen fighting too.

Hope this helps, :D
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:59 am

Desktop Dungeons D.E.R.P ID: Dungeoneer1020
Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
Favorite God: TT
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:06 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:22 pm

The reason no one responded was because it was in the moderation queue. dislekcia had to approve it before anyone could read it.

Anyways, in this situation that level 7 Warlock looks to be your best takedown option. Based on the wiki (don't have the game in front of me) Den of Danger warlocks have 57 damage and 90 hit points. With your 60 hit points you can survive a hit, and dealing 90 damage between your attack and fireballs isn't too hard at all. Not counting burning your fireballs add up to 40 damage, and getting your regular attack to 50 is easy. Your base attack is 27, so you just need 90% attack bonus increase to hit that mark. You already have 40% attack bonus increase based on the screenshot provided, and as a thief you get +30% against full health targets, so you just need 20% more which is easily attained with a couple of glyph conversions. WONAFYT and IMAWAL are past their prime at this point in the run so they're easy to ditch. You'll need to explore 6 tiles to recharge your mana, but a +2 kill is worth that.

I'd also make a point of exploring one tile at the bottom since it appears the boss is there. Level 6 is about when you want to seriously start considering fighting the boss.
Darvin

Return to Desktop Dungeons