[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT Olympics

VGT Olympics

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: VGT Olympics

Postby Tinker on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:22 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby choongmyoung on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Gorgon has enough power. I recorded a video and it is a sanguine-free win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcO-M3RNYI8

And this is the result.

EDIT: I'm adding Gorgon Miser + Hoarder run at the same time. Nicely done.
Scummed for 1st tower PM + HALPMEH.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3508&p=42592#p42592
choongmyoung

Postby Vemb on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Sanguine free: Human Paladin of GG

Funny that I actually intended to go with Dracul, but then GG was in the first tower and I just decided to go with him. Patches was frustrating by mana burning me at least 7 times.

Victory Screen
Vemb

Postby Tinker on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:39 pm

Added both Sanguine-free runs! That Gorgon run really blew my mind... :D
Tinker

Postby choongmyoung on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:13 pm

choongmyoung

Postby Tinker on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:06 pm

Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Wanted to "do something" to break out of the my recent low with the losses and misses on dailies. So, there, I did it again, VGT Rat without Binlor. No bonus score for doing it again but I really needed to "feel good", :)

Results Screen:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 12E54BA93/
H, before death:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 8B83DAF57/
My inventory before final blow to H:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 3994ECD06/

I melee-ed him to death, didn't feel like tossing fireballs at him. So, I had Bear Mace, Draining Blade, Vampiric Blade, Soul Orb, and Viper Ward and Burndayraz for most of the run. It's quite extraordinary now that I think about it, how I managed to survive all the way until getting Dracul's altar at floor 8. Had Fully Explored Curse on 4th floor, followed by No XP in 5th floor, etc. Really was able to do it because I make use of high level bloodcows. 9th floor was JJ, with Dancing Blade and Retaliate Fireball Curse, had to use a lot of bloodpools to complete it.

In the end, there was more than enough left for H, still had quite a few bloodpools left, 2 mana potions, 3 health potions, and enough gold to get another refill from buying Gloves of Midas. If I really wanted, I also had enough piety to tap into Dracul's Blood Swells 2 more times, and to get some refills from GG too if needed.

Definitely feels hard when I was playing it, but slow and careful play allowed me to win, :D
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Tinker on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:42 pm

Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:50 pm

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby dusty on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:14 pm

got a new one for:
I. Purist (non-Rogue)
with human tinker and it was really close. god chain: taurog->gg->pactmaker->dracul

final blow to H

inventory at the end

victory screen

didnt really scum for any starting god just tried to avoid bad starters. taurog showed first along with early helpmeh and platemail which was nice, converted to gg in second tower. pactmaker with bodypact was in tower 4. by 6th tower i tought the run is gonna end (courtyard was fully explored as were the previous floors, had 5 piety and a couple of potions) and as a hail mary i desecrated jj who was nice and ignored me so i used a couple of potions.
because of low piety i couldnt convert out of gg even after desecrating earthmother and towards the end i made a wreck of binlor floor as i couldnt find enemies.
thinking back i could have played the final fight better because after exploring the last few tiles i had full inventory save for one small space and the only available resource was mana potion in the courtyard. so i started converting stuff (yang sword, penance, helpmeh, platemail, mana potion and all the crap i bought from stores)) just to be able to convert to dracul. (should have converted penance first then used the empty slot with crystal ball for a couple of whacks)
used blood swell as a winning blow, as all that i had left was one blood pool.
dusty

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons