[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT Olympics

VGT Olympics

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: VGT Olympics

Postby Tinker on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:56 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby fyh8211 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:07 am

Goatperson win at VGT
The images are broken so I try again
fyh8211

Postby Magic Rabbit on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:18 pm

FINALLY!
After 4 months of this tryharding I barely made this entry possible.

Purist (non-rogue)
Human Thief of GG->Dracul->PM

Scummed for GG and GETINDARE obviously. But did it in a kingdom with only small item pool in shops - balanced dagger, platemail, soulorb and maybe pair of items from main quests. And yes, its iOS version.

Last hit was made with the help of yang's sword - got NO more resources, but got no platemail and not maxed resistances even with lifesteal reduced cap.

After last hit

Victory log

P.S. This thief victory makes me believe, that crusader is also a good candidate for next purist character, but ill take a break from this sh***y marathon.

P.S.S. And OF COURSE the game decided to crash and not save it in my kingdom, thank god ive got screenshots before doing smth, I dont wanna do this again, honestly.
etis atis animatis
Magic Rabbit

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:36 am

@Magic Rabbit: Congrats! Nice win, :)

I really do hope that Tinker drops by here at least just to see any of her posts that needs to be updated.

And yeah, Crusader would be "doable" with luck, you probably need to find a good altar at the top, and another good one in the first level - probably like GG and PM for Body Pact right from the start. He's actually pretty strong with his immunities but otherwise like mentioned, luck also plays a big part.

Also, would anyone consider attempting Rat Monarch without Binlor, I would love to see myself and the other person/(s) gets added to this final category. If you look at my previous wins, MA is the best choice (since I have managed to do it twice), there's also luck involved and be prepared to fail a lot before you get the "lucky" combination.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Magic Rabbit on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:57 am

etis atis animatis
Magic Rabbit

Postby Tinker on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby choongmyoung on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Non-Paladin Mono God and Sanguine-free: Orc Monk of Taurog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsAm6BJuQKE
Pretty much a walk in the park. I wan't aiming these nominations, but it was too easy that I didn't even need PM or Dracul or any shop items.

choongmyoung

Postby Spleen on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Sign me up for an undead king duel w/ halfling priest, and no-sanguine mono-god human taurogue, please!

https://youtu.be/9BcO1XEpK78?t=10m49s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMop8y8 ... e=youtu.be

Spleen

Postby Spleen on Sat May 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Is this still going on? I've got a Sanguine-free no-god-conversion Tikki Tooki Sorcerer, Warmonger Bloodmage, and VT Bloodmage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76Tm8d1htQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-fUrn ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI7SZC2zKQw

Spleen

Postby The Tapir on Thu May 18, 2017 5:01 pm

After well over a year (no joke) of running this, it's done:

GG + PM -> Binlor -> Dracul

Scummed for getindare and GG/JJ + PM, since that combo ensures your resists will be building at an appropriate rate and that the tower monsters will be more manageable in the event of bad curse luck. Trying to rely on Taurog gear for resists means that magic is off limits and body pact must be delayed, which puts a huge strain on your resources. In absence of any resist stripping items/glyphs I converted to binlor for some stone form + endiswall spam, then desecrated EM and moved over to Dracul for the usual sanguine spam. I had zero exploration left going into the final fight, but platemail + max resists + extra dracul piety from not using blood shield brought Horatio down with around half of my bloodpools remaining.

As for Crusader specifics - the immunities and extra altar are incredible and pretty much define the run, but for people going for a purist victory the class is way too RNG dependent to be worth the effort IMO. This run had the perfect storm of elements to make it possible - early bridge troll, early first strike floor + dancing blade, illusion/golden statue alongside goo blobs to make cleansing more worthwhile, excellent shop luck, and good glyph spawns on top of the perfect deity order. Absent one of those elements, a run would usually end at either tower 8/9 or with a 1000 health horatio, and with more of those conditions missing it would be lucky to make it past tower 5 or 6. That being said, however, I think that there are still purist VGT runs that are entirely possible (bloodmage, for example), and that the VGT olympics is still unfinished.
The Tapir

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons