[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT Olympics

VGT Olympics

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: VGT Olympics

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:54 am

@Tinker:

If you are going to include my "religious path" for the run, do note that I did make use of Taurog and PM too for my Purist Wizard win.

It should be MA -> GG -> Dracul -> Taurog (+PM) -> Dracul.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:00 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby dusty on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:36 pm

are multiple entries allowed?
tried the second most obvious class for:
4. Non-Vampire Faithless
faithless orc monk
lots of wasted tiles in this one
dusty

Postby devilchn on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:32 pm

VGT takes forever. I got saved from my misclicks by cydestep and dodge. Hope I find the time to do something more... innovative than HURogue on GG+drac

devilchn

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Tinker

Postby The Tapir on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:36 am

The Tapir

Postby dusty on Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:33 am

dusty

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:38 am

@Tinker:

Just some points, :)

1. Both of Dusty's entries Human Paladin and Orc Monk for Non-Vampire Faithless also qualify for Sanguine-free.
2. Can you change my entry for Non-Rogue Purist, change the Wizard to Red Font since it is a different class (thanks, :P)

Going to attempt some, hopefully will get a few entries in, :)

Updates:

First, an easy one, for the Non-[Vampire, Paladin] Warmonger challenge, done with Human Monk. This actually plays pretty easy once things fall into place, probably only needs Viper Ward for protection against Poison and everything else should go smoothly. I had so much Taurog piety that I even stopped by TT just to grab Dodging, :P You know what, this is actually a pretty easy way to clear Monk badge, don't know why I found it so difficult the first time I got the badge, even used a Codex Monk for it, :P

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... E7C027377/

Attempt at VGT Speedrun, not really that fast though, :P

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 67F392849/

I am pretty sure the fast people like Darvin can shave off at least 50% of the time I got.

2nd Attempt (Improvement, :)):

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... FF389E099/

With some good luck and lots of practice, I am pretty sure this can be done even faster, close to 10 mins seem entirely possible.

Fastest time so far: 15 mins 52 secs.

Going for Non-Vampire Faithless and Sanguine-free, Human Monk. Got a good run which was wrecked by 3 Warlocks at 9th floor. Damn! Wasted all my blackspace and potions to kill them. By the time I reached H, I could only bring him down to 1132 health.

Going to get this done! :evil:

Update:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... E2D9497DA/

Alright, nailed it! Soul Orb, Halpmeh to take care of the troublesome ailments and Patches, Platemail to ensure victory. Lemissi was also super useful and I used it to use up all blackspace. I probably was pushing it a little by not using the prepped Whupaz, almost ran out of steam at the end, still had 2 DPs left (1 from early cast of Cydstepp and 1 from Yang's Sword).
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Tinker on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Just had a fantastic run, you know the gods are smiling on you when you are scumming for a god and get it on the first try, :)

So, it's Human Paladin of JJ for Paladin of Non-[Dracul, GG] and Sanguine-free. I didn't want to prep JJ so was scumming for first floor JJ, got it on the first try, :P

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... D53F67610/

So, I was definitely super lucky to get all the right items falling into place, I got

1. Platemail (helps tons to save blackspace for the final fight against H as well as for the fight itself)
2. Soul Orb (with default Halpmeh means Patches and nasty statuses are no more a problem)
3. Bysseps (helps with 2-shotting mobs and also with stripping H's resists and in general just dealing more damage to H)

As can be seen from screenshot below, all my potions are intact, only used Burn Salve and Fortitude, I had 24 gold which was enough for another Schadenfreude (25 gold could have gotten me Keg of Health). I still had spare blackspace (around 10+ to 20 tiles left after killing H). I had potentially 3 refills available - 1 Level Up, 1 Chaos Avatar, 1 Last Chance (could get it at 100 piety even after CA by desecrating 3 other altars).

Lots of stuff left:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 7A70724A4/

Long story short, I really think that if you managed to get the 3 items or even just the first 2 in the list from above, pretty much Paladin of any god can be done, :)

So, waiting for people to post their victories for this challenge. Dusty, you wanna try, seeing that you are an expert at Paladins, :)

[Edit: So, I just noticed that for all our entries of Human Paladins, the characters are all ladies, Wow! Female Paladins rock!]
~'(^ + ^)'~

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons