[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - VGT Olympics

VGT Olympics

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: VGT Olympics

Postby The Tapir on Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:59 am

Crusader's definitely doable. It's really RNG-dependent, but the only reason my most recent run lost was because of a misclick death. Thanks to martyr, I had GG and pactmaker available from level 1, which alongside a platemail find meant I had 40% both resists by the 3rd tower. Momentum was excellent for getting over damage thresholds in the early game where I didn't have the sensation stone, and the immunities as always are excellent. Had quite a bit of blackspace and bloodpools left when I accidentally clicked the dancing blade who was next to the stairs instead of the stairs themselves, and the only affliction left was the "ravaged by forces" that means nothing for a crusader - I likely would have been able to kill H with ease. Sour about the loss but glad to see that my efforts over the past 6 months haven't been in complete vain.

IMO, the classes that might be able to complete purist VGT are bloodmage and transmuter, but since I suck with both of them I'm not going to try wins any time soon.
The Tapir

Postby dusty on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 pm

been away for a while and to dust of some rust i tried for vgt with sorcerer for:
II. VT (non-Vampire)

granted i got the helpmeh, platemail and soulorb AND pactmaker in tower 1 which made the whole vicious token fairly trivial. patches was also generous with resists, by third tower i think i was at 50% iirc. didnt even need to convert to dracul for the endgame as i managed feeling parched. desecrated earthmother to convert to mystera though.

god chain gg->pactmaker->mystera

now if rat was that easy :|
dusty

Postby Tinker on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:58 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby dusty on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:19 pm

idk, for me the rat on vgt just kinda doesnt click.first of all im average at best with it and second the necessary tedious scumming for pactmaker in the first tower takes out a lot of fun, add in that there is not much of a leeway for mistakes and all you get is lessons in frustration management.

otoh the above win is also nothing to brag about in the skill department since it was mostly the combination of ideal circumstances under which most of the classes could topple horatio.
dusty

Postby Magic Rabbit on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Participating in Olympics too :)

Non-paladin no altar conversion
"Human Rogue (GG->Pactmaker)"

Also got a nice time - 18:39

after final blow

victory log
etis atis animatis
Magic Rabbit

Postby Tinker on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Tinker

Postby Magic Rabbit on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Aaand to stop abusing rogue did mono-god on ios version.
Noticed that my resistances were low even with pactmaker, decided to try
Scummed for gg obviously
That was close btw, yang's sword (but dodged with last dp, lol) and first strike saved the day.

"Orc Rogue of Glowing Guardian" mono-god

after last hit

victory log
etis atis animatis
Magic Rabbit

Postby choongmyoung on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Sanguine-free: Human Transmuter of [Taurog → GG]

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3508&start=20#p42543

Btw, VI. Non-Vampire Faithless / X. Non-Paladin no altar conversion (one deity + Pactmaker allowed)
/ XII. Non-Paladin "Mono-God" are bit overlapped imo, what do you think?
Like, successful non-paladin mono-god run can always turn into non-paladin no alter conversion by after-win PM, or non-vampire non-paladin faithless can always turn into non-paladin mono-god.
choongmyoung

Postby Tinker on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:31 am

Tinker

Postby choongmyoung on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3508&p=42572#p42572

Surprized how GG Paladin rocks at a purist VGT. (Obviously scummed for GG)

Btw I noticed that some sanguine-free runs have no red color on it, is that intended? If not, coloring them would be more beautiful I guess. :)
choongmyoung

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons