[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Highest max mana & max health

Highest max mana & max health

All things Desktop Dungeons

Highest max mana & max health

Postby Lynzkar on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:09 pm

I were bored and decided to try to get alot of mana, and ended up with 39 mana, before I realised i sacrificed my victory for getting alot of mana. Anyways the question I want to ask, what is everyone's personal highest max hp and max mana, and as which class/race? (I'm guessing dwarf priest, and elf transmuters of Jehora will be dominating).

The run where i got 39 mana, sacrificed every resource to get more mana, not a good idea if you plan on winning.
[spoiler=]http://i.imgur.com/OjlGgck.png[/spoiler]
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Re: Highest max mana & max health

Postby William on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:16 pm

With Dwarf Transmuters using the infinimuter strategy you can get thousands of HP. I would assume the game caps it at some value such as 9999, or maybe some other programming related value.

As far as mana is concerned, I'm sure there are quite a few people that have gotten 50+ mana. :)
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Lynzkar on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:22 pm

What is infinimuter? Do you have a link or something explain it to me?
Lynzkar

Postby William on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:52 pm

I can't remember the link to the thread, but it involves using BLUDTUPOWA, LEMISI, Fireheart and the glitch where a Transmuter's mana bar refills when reaching a conversion threshold. You get to a point where you have enough health that using BLUDTUPOWA and Fireheart gives you infinite mana refills, and thus "infinite" health if you reach enough conversion thresholds by casting spells.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Tinker on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:06 pm

So. Your favorite little librarian did some diggin'. Most recent mentions of the Infinimuter: http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3429&start=31

Astral's original (non-Transmuter) max mana record of 48: http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3231&hilit=Assassin&start=34
(and here's my take on it, I got to 49 but that involved converting my last glyph, so it's not better than his: http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3018&start=572

I didn't post a screenie, but I had a Dwarf Bloodmage get to over 400 health on Naga City, I think this is reasonably good for a non-Transmuter.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:20 pm

You can easily do better than 48 mana on a non-transmuter. In fact, you can hit that high pretty consistently with preps alone. Here's with extra boosters, mage plate, and JJ on an elf sorcerer:

15 Mana Sorcerer
+5 from boosters
+12 from JJ
+5 from mage plate
+10 from elf conversion (700 CP)
= 47

That's bare minimum, just spamming boost mana and racking up what I would consider the minimum amount of CP you'll ever have available in a single run. It would be very easy to push this into the 50's if there's anything in your favor. Past that point it's diminishing returns, though, and at a certain point it becomes a crap shoot to get the right combination of deities and subdungeons to push the envelope further, but getting into the 60's should be possible if you want to push it; Elven Boots in shop pool and the graveyard subdungeon for a second pair is an easy +6 on its own if you luck into that. Transmuter will do better than this, and will surpass Sorcerer with 140 castings of a spell which is easily doable.

As for hit points, off the top of my head I think this is your baseline:

Humility level 10 Priest = 140 hit points
+55 from boosters (extra boosters)
+40 from GG
+20 from Dwarven Gauntlets
+99 from dwarf conversion (720 CP)
= 354

As before, that's with preps alone so any good in-dungeon finds will push you higher. I'm certain 400 is easily doable, and 500 should be within reason if you're determined to push higher. Transmuter kinda makes a mockery of this with the Infinimuter, so it's not really a fair comparison.
Darvin

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:12 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:32 pm

Darvin

Postby Lynzkar on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Last edited by Lynzkar on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynzkar

Postby William on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:26 am

@Lynzkar I'm surprised you haven't asked about highest damage attainable. I have seen some insane numbers posted in the past.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons