[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Confessions

Confessions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Confessions

Postby Darvin on Mon May 16, 2016 12:54 am

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon May 16, 2016 10:13 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon May 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Mon May 16, 2016 4:27 pm

He was the chemist, and fire heart was like spell based corrosion - except it broke, didn't it? Vicious dungeons are notoriously cramped. That might explain it.

But I do remember kicking ass with the old bloodmages somehow. I remember people complaining about the old B2P (today's chemist mana potion power) for some reason (it was imposible to calculate or something). I know there was a phase when you could do very stupid things with Martyr Wraps and Bloodmage, I don't think that needed any of the refils that were added later...

We hd a different attitude towards Vicious because the stats, too. There was the the mindset of "only a few things can beat a vicious dungeon", so I think a lot of stuff just never even got tried? I think the res stacking craze was the first time we got the idea that you could really beat any dungeon with any class, or that more folks warmed up to the idea that this should be so.

And on the subject of Pactmaker, lol, do you remember how Consensus got nerfed? We were talking about something else when there was this moment when someone went "Ok, guys, fess up, who's been using Pactmaker just for free 50 piety with no downside" and then like 10 people were, "I admit", "You got me!", "You mean he's got other stuff?" :lol:
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Darvin

Postby Caulder on Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Well Since this is largely about looking back on your early experience with the game early on I didn't know about level cannons so I always hoarded my potions for the boss (No really I did this till I was done with most the basic dungeons) and I never unlocked Binlor was really confused about why I didn't have all the gods and thought the goat god sub-dungeon unlocked the last god and thought you had to kill all the goats before you leave the sub-dungeon to restore the alter or something it was only really when I looked up help for vicious steel I ever even found out about him XD
Caulder

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:39 am

Just on the topic of old Binlor, the problem was mostly that vicious maps had way too many magic monsters. All of the vicious dungeons were 50% or more magic. You could take any class, use Binlor to rack up an easy 65% magic resistance, and tear apart everything. If I remember correctly, I posted 100% completions for all the vicious dungeons using only that strategy. Then again, that was before Naga City. Also, how about the old monk? In retrospect it's absurd it took so long for his magic res to get removed, but boy did it hurt to see it go.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:34 am

Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons