[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Help with Steam Overlay

Help with Steam Overlay

All things Desktop Dungeons

Help with Steam Overlay

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun May 22, 2016 6:11 pm

I understand I shouldn't be asking for help here but in case anyone has come across the same issue, or if devs could help?

So, just yesterday, I found out my Steam overlay stopped working. Tried different things, checking the settings, uninstalling my antivirus, etc. Nothing seems to work. I use the Steam overlay to capture screenshots (not sure if it is needed to track game time and achievements, etc.).

I found this log file "GameOverlayRenderer" in my Steam folder.

If devs find that this shouldn't be here, I apologize and please feel free to remove my post.

Log:
~'(^ + ^)'~

Re: Help with Steam Overlay

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Mon May 23, 2016 11:50 am

Finally got it resolved. Uninstalled and reinstalled Steam, overlay is working again. Probably some Steam update was not applied properly or did something.

Anyway, glad that this worked. If anyone encounters the same problem and want to do the same, remember to move or copy the steamapps folder inside the steam folder somewhere else before uninstalling Steam. Just so you can restore it after the new installation without having to lose all your game data.

Fingers crossed. Hope this solution sticks!
~'(^ + ^)'~

Return to Desktop Dungeons