[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Dracul - Power corrupts, beta power corrupts even more so.

Dracul - Power corrupts, beta power corrupts even more so.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Dracul - Power corrupts, beta power corrupts even more so.

Postby Halion on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 am

Well, I found Dracul today, and his intro quest is entertaining.

Upon looking at his ability list, the first thing I saw was Blood Curse, and I promptly had an idea for strategy. Quick testing showed that the dark mirror of Glowing Guardian's Humility power, while perhaps not as hilariously broken as that was originally, is certainly a touch more potent than seems good, at least when combined with Blood Power and a few mana potions.

Here is a screenshot of Halls of Steel with only the Indomitable dead, because Dracul eliminated my inclination to kill guys (which is a tad ironic).

While I'm not certain this tactic will work on every dungeon, I think it will be enough to trivialise many of the pre-Vicious ones, at least where spellcasting is effective.

Halion

Re: Dracul - Power corrupts, beta power corrupts even more s

Postby Nandrew on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:13 am

LOL.

Nice catch, I meant to fix Dracul's level-up boon when people first started exploiting Humility, but it apparently slipped my mind completely. ;)

There's actually a few god balances that we want to try push out with the next update, so this will be rolled into that.
Nandrew

Postby Deadman on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Ok I've been tearing my hair out over this.
Can you please tell me where I can find Dracul?
Deadman

Postby FDru on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 pm

FDru

Postby Xanopticon on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Xanopticon

Postby bla0815 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Several people stated they found the subdungeon with his initial altar in the halls of steel. Personally i restarted that dungeon very often with no success (at finding Dracul), but found him on my second try in the crypt. You will recognise, when you enter his subdungeon. There is no way to overlook it, as may be possible with Glowing Guardian.

I don't know if it is a prerequisite, but whenever i found a new god, i wasn't already worshipping another god. Perhaps someone else can falsify this.

EDIT: ninja'd

[spoiler]
Boons:
1 level up with no stats increase to gain 20 piety
-10 max health to gain 20 piety

+2 max mana for 20 piety
+5 points of lifedrain for 20 piety and a decrease of 10% max resistances
+4% resistances for 20 piety
full heal for 20 piety
[/spoiler]
bla0815

Postby subanark on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:00 pm

I thought about doing this myself, but I wasn't sure I would have enough mana potions to do it with. I thought I would need the health regen to mana glyph so that I could get 6 mana from revealing 3 squares max at a time (as this would give the boss 30 HP, or 31 total life) which is the most you can give the boss to allow a single fireball to take out another death protection.
subanark

Postby Deadman on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks guys =]
You may resume the thread as was >_>
Last edited by Deadman on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deadman

Postby fall_ark on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm

fall_ark

Postby fall_ark on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:41 pm

fall_ark

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons