[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Playable Guard class (only for Enhanced Edition)

Playable Guard class (only for Enhanced Edition)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Playable Guard class (only for Enhanced Edition)

Postby zayyeh on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:44 am

So I was messing with game files and managed to get Tutorial Guard Class playable! It is unlocked if you have built Audit Zeppelin. As a guard, he is not really smart and can only count to five. As a result, he has only five inventory slots.
Enjoy rainbowing again your kingdoms :)

Before you install:

- Only for Enhanced Edition
- Make a backup of Assembly-CSharp.dll in \DesktopDungeons_Data\Managed directory (just in case)
- To get back to original game, verify game integrity cache in Steam (rainbow linings will be replaced with golden ones) or replace downloaded file with this one - https://www.dropbox.com/s/sby2pxq14isja ... l.rar?dl=0 (100% original file, with the small exception, that rainbow linings will stay as they supposed to be)

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkat01w0qzm64 ... d.rar?dl=0
Install into the game directory (for Steam version it would be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Desktop Dungeons). Confirm, when it asks to replace Assembly-CSharp.dll

P.S. I hope devs don't mind that I slighly modded the game assuming they are done with development and adding features. It could be really fun to play this beautiful game with new/modded classes. If not - please tell me.
Last edited by zayyeh on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Re: Playable Guard class (only for Enhanced Edition)

Postby Lynzkar on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:26 am

Oh boy! I am relevant!

I will finish the witch doctor sprites, i allready have 4/7 there

Edit : Made goblin Witchdoctor. Poor guy has to make due with a cardboard box and a spatula.

Halfing : Image

Dwarf : Image'

Human : Image

Goblin : Image
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Tinker on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:47 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Desktop Dungeons D.E.R.P ID: Dungeoneer1020
Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
Favorite God: TT
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby zayyeh on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:30 pm

I will check into rainbow matter tomorrow. You get silver border if you have >15 classes/badges, gold border if > 30 and rainbow if exactly 31.
What I wanted to do is to raise that value for all of you guys, sitting on rainbow kingdoms, so all of your dungeons would be gold again unless you complete them with a Guard (which works). Now, what does not work, is when you restore your original game - dungeons done with Guard and rainbowed in Guard mod, are now gold. I'll see if it fixes the problem, if I will revert those changes back to 16/31.

Tinker, as for biggie, when I bought this game (again) on my iPad mini, this is what I've seen - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvdzorgxo487m ... 3.png?dl=0 . My 100% dungeons became gold, and those where I missed one class became rainbowed.. This is a bug. I personally don't really care about those borders, but I'll see what I can do with this issue.

Anyhow, even if I fix that, this mod will be still at your own risk to play and test. I just thought you might want some 'fresh air'..

UPD. I could replace some class with Guard, like Fighter (less effort and issues) but I thought it could be more fun if this class will be added (more effort and issues) to general roster.
Last edited by zayyeh on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
zayyeh

Postby Tinker on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:10 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby zayyeh on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Last edited by zayyeh on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zayyeh

Postby Lynzkar on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:15 pm

@Zayyeh
Do you think the concept for Djinn from my thread would be possible to code? (most credit goes to Lujo for the Djinn's abilities)
The concept :
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Return to Desktop Dungeons