[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Synergies

Synergies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Synergies

Postby choongmyoung on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:27 am

choongmyoung

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:50 am

Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:12 pm

The thing with Dwarves is that they don't take as much resists to get nasty as the other guys due to the bonus. Resists lower the cost of attacks, health pool is your fuel tank. Other guys have to reduce the price significantly to matter, and there's even a prohibitively limited number of ways to go about this. So what's not really worth it unless you go all in for most other guys is kinda fine for Dwarves. Also, they inevitably end up fat whatever you do, and most refill abilities are percentage based, which works out really well for them, on fully revealed map specifically.

You just get them the levels, and any old ammount of resistance will mean that they can just turn into a healthmonster. It kinda means that most of the time what you want on a Dwarf is actually whatever makes him a better leveling spellcaster. I also think I'm the only person who put Dwarf Warlord (or any dwarf) as his favoruite (or as a "best") class back when some sort of poll was held. A bit of an issue is that the best Dwarf classess (Warlord, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard) are the kind of guys that are so good at leveling that people generally try to cheeze that part of them for the bossfight too, when just riveting a huge end-game health pool on them and picking up any old resists is what trully busts them (or evens them out, or whathave you).

But yeah, resists are stupidly strong and stand out compared to most other features, never heard that one before, goodness me... Does that mean the Monk class is actually strong or something? Next thing someone'll be telling me Pissorff is kinda bugged or that the Priest could've used something related to gods in his skillset...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:01 am

dislekcia

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons