[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Choongmyoung's diary of VGT runs

Choongmyoung's diary of VGT runs

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Choongmyoung's diary of VGT runs

Postby The Tapir on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:17 pm

The Tapir

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 pm

choongmyoung

Postby choongmyoung on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 am

Doing purists nowadays, it's easier than VT and able to retry freely without budget problem.
Human Wizard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01hTyEvr0Bg
Human Rogue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVE9adhUgfE
Human Sorcerer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4PX8hCwvAI
Trying purist is very educational imo, especially without any scumming.
choongmyoung

Postby General_Milky on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 am

Your videos have low-key inspired me. After seeing your rather incredible plays, what I once thought to be unachievable to all but living supercomputers no longer seems that way. I've gone and picked up some vicious Purist badges of my very own, and have learned just a little bit how to play a rat.

Maybe someday I too will have a fully rainbow'd kingdom, at this rate.
General_Milky

Postby dislekcia on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm

dislekcia

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:07 pm

I found a new starting build for rats. You need to prep Burn Salve + Bear Mace(optional) + Platemail + Binlor(mainly for PISORF, and is an alternative approach for getting knockback), and scum for 1st tower Golden Statue. The Platemail prevents incoming damage from Golden Statue and it has double health, so you can use it as a superior cueball. With PISORF and BURNDAYRAZ, it's very easy to kill a lv8 foe as a lv1 character. The main concern is actually healing the cueball, consuming quitamuch blackspaces. At this moment you are not afraid of Binlor's punishment. If the map layout allows or you find WEYTWUT, you can maybe kill all the lv8 guys without getting hit.

I'm not quite sure I can build enough resistances, but at least the beginning was possible. Hmmm... interesting. If someone succeeds to do this, he or she would win the 'Cheekiest Wins' VGT Olympics medal.

Maybe, the scum should target Golden Statue + Pactmaker level, and you kill one lv8, get to lv5, start to avoid punishment & build resistances through body pact while killing other lv8s. Still the exploration space seems to be too much, but who knows.

I'm also thinking about punishment-ish runs. For example, multiple punishments from Mystera, Taurog and TT are not a concern for a rat. So, maybe it's possible to play a run under thousands of punishments. Let's say I go for Taurog+body pact with a rat. My piety is always zero, but after I kill something my piety is 4. So I can hit something once to trigger a body pact. Then my piety goes back to zero, and I can freely use my glyphs. Oh well I can't convert to Dracul? Nevermind. Well anyway.

/

I'm amused that I occasionally find some new builds around. There's some original builds I have found, like "Maximum CP Goblin Transmuter with GG" or "CYDSTEPPless Vine Form based Rat Monarch double bosskill" (though double bosskill itself is not my original) or... did anyone tried Blood Curse based assassinate combo? Inventing new power builds is always fun.
choongmyoung

Postby General_Milky on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Bloodcurse assassinate is something that doesn't work as well as it sounds except in super niche situations like messing up Dragon Isles and needing the extra level or doing some weird CYDDSTEPP strat with a 1HP character (via Dracul punishments) and you need the two level 9's to prestige ding/fuel mana bead for a few extra strikes, or maybe you just are running pure caster and could benefit from the stronger fireballs as well as get the easy lvl9 kills. Other than that, whatever benefit it could grant doesn't seem like it'd be worth it, it'd just stunt your stats in the long run if taken early, and if taken super late it probably wouldn't make a difference enough to be called a "strat" on its own... Especially not in VGT, where it could be used to skip the tower of lvl9's but end up weaker for everything after. The blackspace you'd save would probably just be wasted making up for the lower attack and HP later... in theory, anyway. I can't say I've even beat VGT with the vicious token, so my rambling may just be a waste of a post.
General_Milky

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:38 pm

@General_Milky
I was actually talking about assassinating everyone by taking Blood Curse on lv1. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5rRKqIQ09E
choongmyoung

Postby General_Milky on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 pm

I had no idea something like that was even possible. I didn't know Blood Curse left the EXP requirement to level alone... Well, I guess there's my confirmation to shut up, there's a level of creativity way above myself I didn't even imagine.
General_Milky

Postby choongmyoung on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:05 pm

I improved the starting build but I failed few times (due to the enormous scumming I can't try it many times). I think this build might not be possible to beat VGT. idk. I'm still bad at playing a rat.

Prep: Standard Rat Prep (Burn Salve, Bear Mace, Binlor, Smuggler's Den) + Platemail
Scum: 1st tower PM + Golden Statue
Move:
1. Scum for 1st tower PM + Golden Statue
2. Line up the Golden Statue and a standard health target (anything but a Dragonspawn or a Meat Man)
3. Find BURNDAYRAZ
4. Kill Golden Statue with knockback, and then fireball the target once. This will immdiately lead you to lv5.
5. Worship Binlor, rack up 40 piety, Stone Fist, quaff the Burn Salve, Consensus, Body Pact, Take hits from everything, rack up piety again. This will give ~18% resistances.
choongmyoung

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons