Fan Expansion coming this Friday!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Fan Expansion coming this Friday!

Postby choongmyoung on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm playing Steam version now, and I'm afraid of corrupting my savefile or so.
I'm going to copy my Steam\Steamapps\common\Desktop Dungeons folder and apply the mod there. Do I have to save another folder or is it safe enough?
choongmyoung

Postby zayyeh on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:56 pm

If you copy whole game directory to some other place and install mod there, you should be completely safe since you won't be able to cloud save your modded kingdom (it's turned off to prevent corruption). To be 100% safe, log off from your DD account before you copy the folder.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:34 am

Yes, that's the way I do it. Turn off the cloud save in the steam version, copy the DD files to another location, copy the mod files and then start the modded game from that location. I had no problems with save files.

Edit: With "cloud save" I'm talking about the ingame DesktopDungeons.net save, not the steam save. I think I also deleted the steam dll in the new location, I don't know if that is required. Just to make sure, that steam isn't running the game.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Berzee on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Well done! :D When I have the spare time to get addicted to DD again, I will definitely give this a try.
Berzee

Postby zayyeh on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:26 pm

News Update: The Expansion isn't Dead!
In fact, it is positively undead right now...

Greetings, one and all! Greetings and... humble apologies. We've realized that hearing nothing official from a fan project for a solid chunk of time conjures up the specter of abandonment. So here is your friendly news update to assuage your fears! First and foremost, know that we are working steadily and plan to finish the mod. Progress has slightly slowed, but we've finished most of the content for the next expansion (polishing and bug fixing still remains).

With that in mind, we figured it would be nice to give updates from time to time, so expect the occasional posting up here just to remind you we exist. Additionally, we want to build interest a bit before release, so we will be posting spotlight updates daily the week of the release. These updates will highlight non-heavy-spoiler things (so no dungeon explanations, item spoilers or anything else major/hard to access) coming in the East that we think are fun or interesting. That way you have some idea of what you're getting when you download the next patch, as opposed to having to go in blind.

In the meantime, if you're starved for Desktop Dungeons content or aren't sure whether you should download what we have currently released, the youtuber Captain Thief has begun a Let's Play of the Extreme Edition content. So check that out and give him a like/comment/subscription if it peaks (this was definitely an intentional pun and not a mistake that I realized was a pun) your interest.

Happy Adventuring,
The Extreme Edition Team
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby General_Milky on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Niice. Looking forward to this! Not so much seeing Soul Suckers in regular dungeons, but hey! All that other stuff looks neat!
General_Milky

Postby dislekcia on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:16 am

Snow forest? How?!

Are you combining and shifting tilesets, or is this a custom set you made? I can give you the tileset editor if you want, it's terrible ;)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:05 am

While there are (intentionally) a ton of spoilerish things in that image, we won't officially comment on any of them until our pre-release spotlight updates. But feel free to speculate!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby General_Milky on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:18 am

Speculating is hard, though! There's a lot to see and be excited about in the image, but as far as I can tell it's all more or less a big "?" mark. DD is a game about knowledge and thought! A couple of icons isn't really enough to imagine just how they change the game. Only guess I got is Troll gives every monster knockback and it somehow powers up when monsters throw him into walls or other monsters.

That said, I DO have investment in DD lore... I wonder what naga are doing in the east. For being the "undead" update there's sure not a lot of undead featured in the screenshot. I have no idea what reason they'd have for being over there, but if I had to guess... this level is an initial dungeon. Either the Normal, or one of the Hards, and the naga are looking for someone or something that we will discover eventually in a Vicious. Naga straight up just launching an invasion that we happen into and fight to get ahead of them.

Speaking of speculation, didn't you say a few days ago that this update would be dropping very late Q4 2017? From the sounds of the teaser you guys seem to be preparing to release this soon-soon. Was the re-write delayed for the update after this to give us something to play in the meantime, or was the task simply much easier than figured? ...Or am I just being too hopeful in assuming this update isn't going to be delivered to us around Christmas?
General_Milky

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:45 am

It's hard to give a good estimate with release, but I wouldn't be surprised if we made it before Christmas. The rewrite was a lot easier than expected!

As for what the heck the Naga are doing out there, I'd point you to ancient history. Although I won't say more than that, as it's the subdungeons' job to fill you in.

Fair point on icons not being information, so I guess you'll have to wait until our prerelease semi-spoiling!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons