[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme Edition Spoilers

Extreme Edition Spoilers

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme Edition Spoilers

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:29 am

Yeah, confession time on this one: Lavavein is only supposed to explode once, after 4 hits. So yes it is supposed to be a surprise and yes, the false prediction is intentional. Sidenote, unstable is actually a separate attack, so dodging will not fully negate the damage from any flint Golems (although they will predict it as normal due to their standard explosion tactics). The bug will be fixed very soon in a stealth patch, so in the mean time hunt around for some DP. It beats the two attacks of unstable because it simply checks and saves your life at the very end of the action.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby zayyeh on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:13 am

Last edited by zayyeh on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby eastless on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:37 am

If someone completed "Errand boy, pt. 3" quest, please explain how.
eastless

Postby devilchn on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:56 am

devilchn

Postby zayyeh on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 am

zayyeh

Postby devilchn on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:01 am

While trying to reproduce my Reflex Potion bug, I found another curious thing: TT deducts Piety multiple times when you lose a Death Protection on Lavavein.
https://youtu.be/hW-lEkn2vRY
devilchn

Postby zayyeh on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:22 pm

zayyeh

Postby eastless on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm

Okay, now it's doable.
eastless

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Wow, I'm impressed! I hope the dungeon isn't too easy now...

If you're really looking for a challenge, I want to see a run that gets vicious badge on new vicious dungeons and a run that gets vicious and the new badge. That should keep you occupied for a little while!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Tapir on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:51 pm

I decided to run Dumpster diving blind AND purist. I was in for a rude surprise when the effect kicked in since it happened mid level up as I was preparing my popcorn bowl for the boss fight, and I nearly quit when I saw what it did. Thankfully, however, I realized that EM had spawned, who's probably the best deity for the magician since on demand 5 piety mass slows effectively give you permanent heavy fireballs/+20% melee damage. What I thought would be a super close fight in resources ended up being a laugh since by the end I still had all my mana pots left and roughly 80 piety for more entanglement + clearance spam. However I also neglected to check that the quest required unstoppable.

So far the mod looks great - runs well, designed well, etc. - and I can't wait to see what else it has in store.

EDIT: One bug I've noticed is that the hotkeys for spells work when you want to cast a spell, but no longer work for turning a spell off when it's active. Dunno why that is.

EDIT #2: So something odd I noticed with the ancient scrapyard - after I beat the boss, I was going around to polish off the remaining lvl 8s and 9s for unstoppable. Despite the no experience event having long since triggered, the last level 9 golem still gave me experience. I thought it might have been due to the cleansing effect of glyph conversion, but I tested it on a lvl 8 scupltor who had no experience and nothing happened. Furthermore, I was denied the unstoppable badge after exiting the dungeon despite having killed all the lvl 8-9 enemies - is unstoppable invalidated if you kill all the high leveled enemies AFTER they get no experience? If so this dungeon just became much harder.
The Tapir

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons