[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme Edition Spoilers

Extreme Edition Spoilers

All things Desktop Dungeons

Extreme Edition Spoilers

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Extreme Edition is intended to be experienced through a series of quests and unlocks, just like the base content of Desktop Dungeons. That being said, I understand that some people don't like installing mods without having at least some knowledge of what they are getting into. This is for those people.

Official Download
Go here to get the latest release. You can chose between an installer version and a manual install.

Interactions with DERP
DERP is disabled in EE to avoid damaging the integrity of the public competitions, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy both. Simply make a copy of your Desktop Dungeons folder and install EE onto the copy and you'll have the best of both worlds. Cloudsaving is disabled in EE to avoid cross contamination, so you won't damage your non-EE kingdom by playing EE.

Get Involved
We've been quietly doing our work here. Join the board to participate in the internal testing.

Unlocking new content
Check the Mage Tower and Audit Zeppelin for new upgrades. Everything should follow naturally from there. One of the quest stories only begins after Horatio has been defeated, and the new Mage Tower content requires a fully upgraded Tower to access.

New Classes
Today's release introduces two new classes. There are many more planned, including new monster classes. Our internal beta has working versions of these additional classes, but this post is only going to talk about the ones in the public release.

Bard
The Bard is a flexible class that gets much of its power from scouting and from easy exploration. It feels a little bit like Fighter, and a little bit like Tinker.

Traits:

Magician
The Magician starts with WEYTWUT and has powers that take advantage of positioning and slowing.

Traits:

Class Challenges
There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold challenges for the new classes. Check The Explorer's Guild and Mage Tower after unlocking the Bard and Magician.

New Puzzle Pack
The Master Puzzle Pack tests your proficiency with the end game artifacts and other high end gear.

Dungeons
There are five new dungeons in this release. We have several others implemented, and even more planned, but once again, I am only talking about the official release. Many of these are pretty hard. There is also a nice questline that puts you on the trail of an obscure being from Desktop Dungeons lore.

First Dungeon

Second Dungeon

Third Dungeon

Fourth Dungeon

Fifth Dungeon

New Items
There are nine new items. The team doesn't want them spoiled, but they exist, and some of them are pretty wacky!

New Preparation
There's a new prep that unlocks a sort of post-dungeon challenge that you can undertake after beating the normal bosses. I was the one that originally proposed the idea, and my intention was to give the player a rock that they could die on, if they so chose. And then Avatar read the draft and said, "I could totally beat that challenge" and set up a quest for it.

There are also two new preps available at the Bazaar.

New Badge
So if you beat the challenge that the original designer didn't think could be beaten, you get a badge for it. Yes, that's right, a new badge! You'll have earned this one, too.
Last edited by Sidestepper on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Sidestepper

Re: Extreme Edition Spoilers

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 pm

This is also, of course, a place for people to discuss EE content without fear of spoiling other players. If you read anything beyond this post, you can only blame yourself.
Sidestepper

Postby Darvin on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Darvin

Postby zayyeh on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Did someone steal Darvin's account and now posting on his behaviour? ;)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby devilchn on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:12 am

When I drank a Reflex potion at 1HP after I got the dodge prediction from quicksilver with the Golem boss in Hidden Workshop killable in 2 hits, the game froze. I suspect it is something similar to the Evolvia bug that once existed.

Guess I have to attempt that Warmonger quest a third time... :x
devilchn

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:47 am

Can you give a few more details on the run, etc? We've had sporadic reports of this reflex potion bug, so any info would really help us isolate it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby devilchn on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:53 am

Should not be that hard to reproduce for you, as I had it happen yet again :roll:
This time on Goodusa. Dodge had already happened one hit before. I had used Strength Potion, and when I drank the Reflex and tried to mouseover the boss, it froze again (music continued). Had Binlor knockback in this second run, but not the other one. I entered the level via the Warmonger quest and played accordingly, but it always told me that I failed to do the 6 badge quest after drinking a potion etc, which I wasn't even attempting. There might have been a run in between where Reflex worked normally, but I ran out of resources near the finish line in that one.
Not bothering with this dungeon anymore until I can be sure to get killed by monsters instead of malfunctions.
Also, is it normal that the launcher bombards me with like 10 script error messages when I open it? After that, I can start the game no problem though.
devilchn

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:10 am

I'm not getting any script errors when I start up, so there might be something system specific going on. Zayyeh will know what questions to ask of you when he's awake again.

I'm impressed that you are Warmongering this dungeon on day one. It's not a trivial dungeon!
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:41 am

Hmm... I've been playing the exact same dungeon, class, race, quest, and god. Still no crash on my reflexes. Also, it should tell you when you failed the six badge quest, as you could complete both in one run. Well, Zayyeh will look over it and it'll hopefully be hotfixed this week.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby devilchn on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:00 am

Another thing: this is probably kind of intended or hard to work around, but when you have Quicksilver active, combat prediction shows Dodge! on Lavavein, even though you die once you hit him. And his Unstable tooltip is identical to that of the regular Flint Golems although he works differently.
Addendum: It's also weird that when you have enough health to survive his regular attack and a DP active, you lose the DP on hit; but when you have 1hp and a DP, you also just lose the DP instead of ending up completely dead.
Last edited by devilchn on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
devilchn

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons