[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme Edition Spoilers

Extreme Edition Spoilers

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme Edition Spoilers

Postby Kami on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Flooded Foundry freezes after 2 minutes....
Kami

Postby Gakato on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Yeah the Sorcerer is currently bugged, the game will crash when hovering over a monster with the Unstable trait.

I redid the 6 badges run today and managed it easily with some thought about what to pick.
After that one, I also finished the Oasis town quest first try. :D But just barely, only had one last swing left, probably my luck that I went with Paladin and remembered in the last second that I can convert my last glyph for the missing piety instead of desecrating MA, guess the extra resistances would have made me fail. :)
That place as a monk seems to be fun. :D

Screens here
Gakato

Postby Kami on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Prototype 1 wanted to remove the water, but titan guitar already did this job...
Kami

Postby The Avatar on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Nice catch on Titan Guitar, Kami! What do you mean by it froze though? Can you give some more detail on that?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Kami on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:55 pm

The first bug was already mentioned. When the socerer hovers over a monster with the unstable trait, the game freezes,
probably because the game cannot show for some odd reason the manashield calculation on a unstable monster.

One question by the way. Does it count to use a monster class on the 2nd errand boy quest?

Edit: It is possible! Vampire brings the flooded foundry to it's knees...
Kami

Postby The Avatar on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Yeah, turns out that's a bug from the original game. We used the PQI race requirement code (I think) for that quest, which apparently doesn't actually force a race requirement. Anyways, we'll be putting out a bug fix patch next Friday, so that, Unstable Sorcerer freeze, and a few other things will get fixed. And for good measure we're going to buff the final dungeon just a smidge.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Has Dislekcia died or something? What is all this modding, next thing someone will tell me there's infinite locker slots in the game :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm

An old ghost returns!

Balance and feature feedback is welcome, there aren't really enough of us to do the level of testing that we want to do.

Expanded locker space for post GT players is a concept that we are exploring, if for no other reason than we're going to be adding several new items. We'd like to keep such a feature as non-politicized as possible. Keep in mind that our goals and audiences as modders are different from those of developers, so design decisions can't really be compared on an apples to apples basis.

We've had contact with dislekcia. He is aware of the mod, and even helped a little bit with its development. I'd prefer that the developers not feel any pressure to weigh in on the mod and to be able to approach it at their own pace. As developers, they are subject to much more serious obligations with regards to any endorsements (real or imagined) to a modification to their own IP that they have no control over. Let's just let them do their own thing and on their own time.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Well, the old locker slots mod did the trick for me back in the day, and I can't say I'd really be interested in anything more than that apart from fixing Pissorf. Possibly a few particular tweaks, but I was generally very content with the game as it was. I never was much interested in modding it, honestly, but I do suppose I could be of some use... Say, does this mean there's a different message board? And who's moderating over there if there is?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:54 pm

I totally get being more interested in expansions to vanilla content than in new stuff. DTD is an expansive game as it is, and for many people, more classes and more dungeons might feel like too much of a good thing. Although I think the new stuff is pretty fun, and people will warm up to it if they try it.

We made a decision early on to not alter existing vanilla content. We want to keep the mod as unobtrusive as possible.

You'd probably like the new challenge mode:

We don't have a board, exactly. Work is coordinated through Trello. We have a public one for people who want to test stuff, and a developer one for people who want in on design and don't mind being spoiled. Invitations are open to everyone, it's not an exclusive club or anything.
Sidestepper

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons