[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme Edition Spoilers

Extreme Edition Spoilers

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme Edition Spoilers

Postby General_Milky on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:41 am

It does. Looks like I'm just playing a while now.
General_Milky

Postby choongmyoung on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 am

Wow, it was actually possible

I was thinking to scum for LEMMISI + Zombie corridor sub, which gives a LOT of blackspaces. But I spotted Dracul+GG+PM combination so I just got to work. It was very close!
It's funny that I took Blood Hunger and then moved to GG. Most time it's epic fail, isn't it? I remember I once did the GG conversion with lifesteal Gorgon in VGT, and convert Taurog's gears to get a last bit of protection. Amazing game.
choongmyoung

Postby choongmyoung on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 am

I rainbowed the Oasis Town. Scrooge was very very easy with orc monk, who had 75%-48% resists + Platemail + Vampiric Blade. (Taurog+Dracul) Had plenty of resources left including every bloodpools. I really love monk. I especially love the moment when I heal versus the super meat man. I also really love this dungeon.
choongmyoung

Postby General_Milky on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Oasis Town is also my favorite dungeon of the bunch, although I have to admit all of them are extremely good.

The only real boring one is Hidden Workshop, as its whole gimmick really just boils down to "kill as few monsters as you can possibly get away with." A strategy you WANT to apply into any dungeon, only here it's enforced. In practice, it turns on to not really play particularly differently than what we're used to, wheres both Vicious, Oasis Town, and Ancient Scrapheap have rules and gimmicks that really set them apart.

Not that I'm advocating a a change for HW. It's just fine as it is and it DOES have an identity I like, just noting how in practice the rule it enforces is a rule you want to follow anyway.

Still can't wait for the update. In the meantime I've been hunting the Scrooge badge in several dungeons and wiping up Portal Perilous (which I finally cleared the other day) and the last few Gold challenges (still working on those)
General_Milky

Postby choongmyoung on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:46 pm

choongmyoung

Postby The Avatar on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Wow, nice run there on the Gorgon. I'm downright impressed you beat him even after he came back with 47% resists and 143(?!) damage.

Also, bittersweet PSA: The release for the East is going to be quite a bit later than anticipated (think late Q4 2017). In order to make the project sustainable for the long term, we've had to recode a lot of the older stuff. On the bright side, this will reduce strange untraceable bugs (like the Reflex Potion crash), make the new effect interactions clearer (looking at you, Mana Shield+Unstable, etc.), and speed up development in future. If it is any further consolation, there will also be more content in the east, and some nice polish upgrades too. Combine that with the shorter time between future updates, and this should (hopefully) be the only really long wait in our development.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby General_Milky on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:11 am

General_Milky

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 am

choongmyoung

Postby zayyeh on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:25 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:39 pm

choongmyoung

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons