Blovski's Desktop Dungeons Commentaries

All things Desktop Dungeons

Blovski's Desktop Dungeons Commentaries

Postby Blovski on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Here we go

01 Venture Cave Human Fighter

Witness the sloppiness first hand. Attempting to put some concepts across while I play. I think maybe the best way to proceed going forwards is to focus on one specific concept a lot in a particular run. Please let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions or runs you want to see. I can handle almost anything the base game throws at me and am hoping to get onto the Extreme Edition content as well as the vicious dungeons and maybe the class challenges if I keep up the momentum.

NB I am running the Extreme Edition fan-made expansion. Please click the name for more information - I've not delved into it properly yet but what I've seen has been wonderfully professional, charming, tone-sensitive and cruel :twisted: I look forwards to documenting my failures at some point in the future of the series.
Blovski

Re: Blovski's Desktop Dungeons Commentaries

Postby Blovski on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

The word 'um' approximately 3,000 times. Miserable failure to compartmentalise different levels of information. The word un-unlock. A second video.

02 Dwarf Fighter Den of Danger

Nota bene: I am running the fan-made expansion Extreme Edition but I believe it should play identically until I 'beat' the main game. I'll highlight anything outside the main game if I see it. More information on this delightfully cruel project and a download link can be found here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3515

Any feedback welcome. I'm somewhat aware that I'm not doing brilliantly at differentiating between basic information and relatively challenging information and will look to focus more single-mindedly on a single topic in future videos to make them a little more comprehensible.
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:11 pm

03 Northern Desert - Elf Wizard of Mystera - Focus on Glyph use, Mystera unlock
04 Southern Swamp - Halfling Thief - Focus on potions, Earthmother unlock
05 Eastern Tundra - Human Priest Warmonger - Warmonger basics, Glowing Guardian unlock
06 Western Jungle - Halfing Barbarian, Human Barbarian, uh... Taurog unlock replete with first blatant catastrophe.

Three of the directionals - let me know if there's anything different you'd like to see, any specific requests for tricky business in future dungeons.
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Mon May 01, 2017 3:04 pm

And rounding out the level 2s along with a couple of puzzle packs

07 - Beginner Brigade

08 - Sorcerors
09 - Monks
10 - Rogues

Halflings Puzzle Pack
Gnomes Puzzle Pack
Blovski

Postby zayyeh on Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 am

Keep em coming, we need more! :)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby Blovski on Fri May 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Been a bit busy with work and chess, however, the doubtful chicanery continues - I'm nearly at some of the Vicious dungeons, which will be decidedly more interesting, and then hopefully the Extreme Edition stuff soon thereafter.

11 - Fighter/Berserker quests
12 - Elf Warlords being broken/Havendale Bridge
13 - The Labyrinth/Binlor Basics
Blovski

Return to Desktop Dungeons