argh (my graphics card hates me)

All things Desktop Dungeons

argh (my graphics card hates me)

Postby silverkitty23 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:17 pm

My graphics card will play 3D games all day, but give it a simple 2D game, and bam! It loves to crash at inopportune times, such as this:

At least it wasn't a vicious dungeon, or I might have smashed it. Still, goatperson is rather luck dependent a lot of the time for me

(sometimes it just plain crashes, other times it blue screens with nvlddmkm.sys - I think that means my graphics card is overheated or something? except why can I play Dishonored 2 with no issues? I'll never understand how 2D can be more taxing to my card than 3D)
Last edited by silverkitty23 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
silverkitty23

Re: argh (my graphics card hates me)

Postby dislekcia on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

That's definitely a driver issue if that's the process it crashes in. Are you up to date?
dislekcia

Postby silverkitty23 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:41 pm

I believe I am. I googled around and it said I may need to underclock my card. Anyway, I didn't mean this as a support request. I was just trying to get empathy for the particular spot that I crashed in (literally clicked the winning move on goatperson magma mines run) -- but I had typed the url to my image incorrectly, so that didn't exactly work out as planned, either :)
silverkitty23

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Ah shit, I see that now... Ouch :(

You might want to try rolling back a driver version or two as well. I had some issues with my most recent card, now I wait to stay current on drivers.
dislekcia

Postby silverkitty23 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:29 am

I feel like all my goat runs are like that. Either I'm losing early, or I'm at the end with 3 glyphs and a bunch of potions lying around and can win four times over, and it seems 50-50 which it will be. But I'm probably having observer bias and ignoring a couple times where I won by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin.
silverkitty23

Return to Desktop Dungeons