[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spotlight Updates (Minor Spoilers)

Extreme East Spotlight Updates (Minor Spoilers)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Extreme East Spotlight Updates (Minor Spoilers)

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:57 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Extreme East Spotlight Updates (Minor Spoilers)

Postby General_Milky on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. I was telling Zayyeh that Magician was one of my favorite additions in the Northern update because of the way it changes the way you think about the game, the heavy fireball on slow, and glyph conversion shenanigans made for a unique and interesting class as opposed to the Bard, who ultimately is just a slightly different take on a "basic" character. Not bad, but nothing really groundbreaking. Heretic is looking to be like Magician, and I'm excited to try it. I speculate it will be a good time indeed.

Speaking of speculation, something I've wondered; The East has an extra dungeon in Vicious Steel compared to other dungeons, if you consider Tower of Gaantelet central. The East update getting 6 new places?

Any news on an ETA? Last thread you mentioned these spotlights would be coming out each day on the week til release, which is now every weekend until release. How many weekends may that be, in ballpark? From how it sounds, the update's basically been gold for a bit now, discounting minor tweaks and some bugfixing.
General_Milky

Postby silverkitty23 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:56 pm

"know that you'll have your update before the end of the year!" is probably about as precise as the release date is gonna get.
silverkitty23

Postby The Tapir on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Speaking of upcoming releases, in the trello logs there were mentions of Swashbuckler and Bishop classes pretty early on in the text surrounding the North's dungeons. Are those in any way accessible in the current mod, or are they going to be released in future versions?
The Tapir

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 am

That's an interesting set of class constraints! Kudos for thinking about god worship really differently :)
dislekcia

Postby choongmyoung on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Seeing those whole mess about gods, I think the indulgence-things are not specifically interesting. Out of this bonus and immune to punishments, long story short: you can only worship a god for only a single level, and you can get (multiple) starting bonuses.

Binlor/Dracul/GG will give you massive piety bonus and spiking boons thus are perfect endgame gods. MA/Binlor are easy to farm piety at low levels, so you can easily pick some good boons from them and get early indulgences bonuses. EM/TT are another good gods to start with; they will give you very good opening glyphs and boons. Taurog should be worshipped at midlevel I guess, to maximize piety bonus to get good gears as early as possible. Unstoppable Fury would be almost impossible to get multiple. JJ is the most uninteresting god I suppose; must-spend 45 piety is a big loss in general (JJ won't rocketshoot your piety from first worship bonus), 80 piety is hard to achieve. Pactmaker.. idk, +50 piety?

I don't understand about how to efficiently use the CP part, just like how I don't see the power of Transmuter. Binlor+IMAWAL combo is the only reliable and efficient thing for me I see.

Hmm... I think I should really think deeply to understand the true power of the heretic class.
choongmyoung

Postby General_Milky on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 pm

General_Milky

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 pm

The Avatar

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:51 am

Bwrgarbl

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons