DD Extreme Mod update!

All things Desktop Dungeons

DD Extreme Mod update!

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:08 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Extreme East Release Thread

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:00 am

Surprise midnight release (or rather morning, I suppose, for my European friends)! Not much to say, except hop on over to http://ddmod.weebly.com/download.html to get your expansion, and then tell all your friends and their dogs and their dog's friends. Or post a screenshot in the spoiler thread.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Re: DD Extreme Mod update!

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone!

As a small present to you all, we've put out a mini-patch. If you use the installer it should be added naturally, and if you install directly via Trello the updated .rar is on there. As for what is in the patch, it is mostly bug fixes. However, there have been small difficulty adjustments made:

Spoiler: show
Frigid Plains: It's renamed and easier now, for the most part.

The Peak of Fitness: Hoarder is no longer required.

Curious for Northern Desert and Grimm's Grotto: ND should be harder and more interesting, and GG should be more fun and straightforward.

Also, as a gift to you all (and fix for those who lost them), you will automatically be upgraded to 9 locker slots! Have fun, and tell us all about it!

The Avatar

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:49 am

Those two curious pretty much convinced me that curious is a lot more random (which is fine). Others might have missed the changes to dungeon level in the Northern Desert... but I didn't. My luck had me righteously cornered the first couple times... the first time I had a couple empty squares to move around in, two ways out, both blocked by midsized monsters I couldn't take a hit from (let alone has the resources to kill because I went in purist).
Bwrgarbl

Postby zayyeh on Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Update is up. Fixed Troll and rainbows.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby zayyeh on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Another small update. Adventurer's Guild now holds 18 lockers to compensate for new items (There are small buttons "<" and ">" on the left and on the right from the locker itself.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby dislekcia on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:34 am

zayyeh wrote:Another small update. Adventurer's Guild now holds 18 lockers to compensate for new items (There are small buttons "<" and ">" on the left and on the right from the locker itself.

HAX!

;)
dislekcia

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:23 am

Any chance you can do a Linux build of the mod?
AvovA17

Postby srid on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:58 pm

AvovA17 wrote:Any chance you can do a Linux build of the mod?

The mod also works on Linux, I installed it.
Here are some detailed installation instructions. Please tell me if this works for you too, or if you have any question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These instructions should work for any Debian based. Paths might be different on other Linux flavors.

1. Go to Steam and switch your Desktop Dungeons version *off* the legacy version (if it is not on legacy, don't worry about it).
2. Create a new copy of your Desktop Dungeon installation folder, which is located at "$HOME/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Desktop\ Dungeons"
(if you don't see any .steam folder, it is because it is hidden. Hitting CTRL+H in your file navigator should make it appear,
alternatively you can find it from Steam by right-clicking the game > properties > local file > browse local files)
3. Use the Download link below to go to our Trello card which has the latest build.
4. In the copy folder, replace the original files with their edited versions from the downloaded archive file.
5. Open the file Desktop_Dungeons.sh with a text editor
6. Add the following line before the last command of the file
Code: Select all
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./DesktopDungeons_Data/Plugins/x86:./DesktopDungeons_Data/lib:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_32:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot:/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa:/usr/local/lib:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa-egl:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa:/lib:/usr/lib:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib:"

7. Keep in mind that reverting a Kingdom that has played the mod may cause issues.
8. If you have progress on the Extreme Edition from a previous release, duplicate your Saves folder from that copy and replace the Saves folder in your new copy.
9. Run the Desktop_Dungeons.sh file and have fun!

Troubleshooting:
If the game does not launch correctly, it might probably be because Steam uses a different library
path on your computer than the author of these instructions (it could happen depending of you Linux version).
In that case, you should:
1. Edit the Desktop_Dungeons.sh in your original steam install folder and add
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
before the last command
2. Run steam from a terminal (just type "steam" in the terminal)
3. Launch the original game from Steam
4. Check out the output of the terminal, it should print the correct value
5. Replace the above
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="..."
with the correct value

We do not take responsibility for corrupted save files whatsoever, and you shouldn't have a problem with them if you back up your saves folder.
srid

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Another user (srid, all credit to him) figured out how to make it work for Linux. Unfortunately, he's new to this forum so his response to you is pending for moderator approval. So you'll just have to wait a bit for that to go through, and then you should be good to play. I hope you'll drop some feedback over on that thread once you've gotten a chance to play through it some!

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons