[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby maya on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 am

can confirm killing an unstable enemy with burning stacks having final blow will not trigger the unstable perk even if beside the unstable creature. knockback cannot kill a creature if they were not the primary target but if the creature killed creature is the primary target and knockback dmg is what killed it, only the knockback damage number will be dealt to you. example: if the target has 12 hp and you have 10 base dmg and a bear mace (making 10 + 2) the number of damage the unstable will do is 2 not 10

edit: an unstable target knocked back into a wall to be killed will not inflict you with the unstable damage

edit+: knockback damage is not factored into riposte damage and knocking back a riposte enemy into an empty space/ wall will not stop you from tacking the damage and riposte cannot reflect back to you burning damage if you damage another target (example hit a popcorn while a riposte dude has burning stacks on him) but if he is the primary target the burning counts in the overall damage he is receiving meaning you take extra damage. a golem arbiter (25% riposte) with 4 burning stacks will deal a minimum 1 extra damage when hit directly.

any more questions? (yes I am vigilant at finding information)
maya

Postby choongmyoung on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:54 pm

So I suppose the unstable trait will only deal damage you if you are next to it. One confirmation exp is still needed: what if you kill the creature by burn pop, but at that time you are right next to it instead of being far away? If my assumption is right, it will deal the unstable damage.

And about the burning riposte, I presume the game somehow check the primary 'target' and riposte will only be activated if the enemy is the 'target'. But adding burning damage to riposte is a bit strange, 'cause Avatar just said "riposte is factored off your damage number (not your dealt damage)". But your experiment states burning stack affect the reposte damage.

Also 2nd target of knockback can be killed if it had burning stacks on, which is exploited in Rat's lv1 double bosskill or something. Quite curious about this case. Based on my assumption, because 2nd target cannot be directly next to you, no damage should be done.
choongmyoung

Postby Makiki89 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks so much for the tips, all! I did manage to do it with Elven Warlord eventually - I hardly ever use MA (I have a one-track *do damage* mind sometimes, wich might not make me the best player), but she helped me through this time.

Thanks!
Makiki89

Postby The Tapir on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Last edited by The Tapir on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tapir

Postby maya on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:36 pm

maya

Postby General_Milky on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 am

Crusader's just a damn fine class in general, too. Very underrated class, considering it's one of the most versatile in the game (the immunities matter more than it seems, and the extra god is, in expert hands, a VERY big deal) that in addition to all of that has a huge conditional damage boost that one part shortens boss fights and, less obviously, makes popcorn of things that wouldn't be for everyone else (level 7 crusader munching popcorn can kill even same-level monsters in one free go assuming they're slowed or can spare the mana for getindere) for more convinient mid-boss leveling.

It may not quite reach the potential of the more specialized classes in their fields (Paladin has the easiest time rolling into a beefy wall, rogues will always hit harder, sorcerers will always use the mana bar better, Assassins and Fighters can ding better, and various classes here and there can pretty much always get better use out of any one god) but the fact that the crusader can do pretty much anything with the wider combos of gods and negate two of the worst debuffs in the game make it one of the best general-purpose picks around with barely any real weaknesses.

EDIT: Also, Frigid Battlegrounds' boss definitely has some weird stuff going on with it. I just had Memory of the East respawn on me the very instant I took him out, as sorcerer. No chance to act, just attacked him, and instantly he was back at full stats. mana shield and burning may be messing with the attack counts.
General_Milky

Postby Vemb on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Vemb

Postby The Tapir on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Purist and Warmonger Endless Blizzard both done. Balder was a lot easier than I thought for the latter run, though it came right down to the wire for cocyteon (thank god I had whupaz, though I suspect any non-monk class would have much more leeway as far as damage output goes). Purist was with an assassin, though I got VERY close as a fighter that wasn't able to survive one last hit from balder before going to the demon. My takeaway so far is that if you can kill Balder you'll be able to kill cocyteon as well, so blowing all of your potions on him and the two random bosses before him is totally fine.

Had an unfortunate crash on what probably would have been a successful Goatperson run on getting to the third dungeon - selected "I'm ready" and had the game freeze up. Hasn't happened since so I'm not sure what caused it.
The Tapir

Postby zayyeh on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:19 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby srid on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:19 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons