[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby srid on Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:48 pm

I did not beat it but gave it a quick try.

Clearly the main gimmick is to rely on the troll's fast regen to make great blood cows.
Acquiring as much resistance than possible seems to be key here.

On the other hand, it is not very useful to push much further than 4 lifesteal, as with 8 health/level sucked from your blood cows, you will probably be capped by your damage. So I would not advise taking the "less glyphs" prep.

I tried using The One Horn, which allowed me to transform the cursing enemies into bloodgoats,
and to build some resists, but maybe a classic Dragon Shield would be best.
A platemail would be a really good find there. I did not have such luck, but the Serpentine Shield was a good start.
Also, I'd advise to prep the Bear Mace, just to get the secret sub.

I prepped gold piles and Membership Badge, which was utterly silly, with Patches The Teddy being the Vampire's best friend.
I also prepped compression seal, which was also completely silly, since all glyphs are going down the drain.

A Translocation Seal and Elite Items is probably much better there, finding an Amulet of Yendor would help tremendously.
But a Dispertion Seal could be really potent too. Using it on a health booster refills your health at 150% and gives you 1 free hit. Using it on an attack booster gives you +100% damage, +100% dodge and +10 poison strike.

My sub was Brandonnn, utterly useless here...

EDIT: oh, and of course, if you find an Orb of Zot, it might help A LOT since all bosses are on the same level.
On the other hand your bloodcows might not survive to your bite after that, so it might not be that efficient.
Probably worth a try.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby General_Milky on Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Amulet of Yendor helps a lot. Vampire tends to struggle a lot early because lifesteal needs a few levels to really ramp up, if you start the map at level 5, you will have a much easier time locating suitable bloodcows. Vampire generally does very well in this dungeon, so that head start can make a world of difference.
General_Milky

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Other helpful miscellaneous notes Troll Lab Vampire:

- It's mostly a normal vampire run. Stack lifesteal, resists, DR, and damage. Save blood cows (ideally Forest, Rock, and Desert Trolls) and level off anything but Reanimated Trolls and Troll Scientists.

- Significantly higher level frozen trolls are usually the best targets.

- The only mini-bosses you should be killing are The Blood and The Claws, as even at 1k health and with all his remaining traits Trollenstein should be pretty simple for a vampire. Furthermore, don't both with Whupaz. Quicksilver+Reflex+Strength+Fortitude is better.

- Trollenstein's essence drain can be completely circumvented by exploring all the tiles around him, quaffing a strength potion, and then revealing him, and the 100% deathgaze is easily skirted by Vampire blood pools and cows.

- Don't worry too much about spending tiles. Your cows likely have fast regen, meaning they can fully heal with incredible speed.

- Although 4 lifesteal is probably enough to get full value off blood cows, lifesteal beyond that is reduction in the prolonged fight with Trollenstein, so it's still quite useful. Each conversion is only slightly worse than purchasing a tower shield.

- If you don't have platemail then low-level scientists can be killed along with a single other low-level (too weak to blood cow) enemy to get lifesteal value off them for more burst healing.

- Veto-ing bad CP ratio spell items (Battlemage Ring, Witchalok, and Piercing Wand come to mind) can help a bit.

I've gotten wins prepping Platemail and prepping Dragon Shield (both without Yendor, and using Membership badge to stack for 7-8 lifesteal), although Yendor prep is probably just as feasible. Though if you'd rather scum than do a tricky vampire run, Dragon Shield, Elite Items, Patches, and Translocation into finding a Yendor will absolutely clean up.

TL;DR Resists or DR work, Strength potion prep and set up saves you an entire mini-boss fight, boss can be easily spiked down once he doesn't have Crazed Regen and Weakening.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby kenait on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:33 am

Thanks all of you. Finally got it with dragon shield+elite items. Turns out didn't even need amulet of yendor and platemail, just lucky set of trolls and bearmace to enter secret dungeon.
kenait

Postby maya on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:41 am

can I just ask why the avatar in curious demonic library does not have unstable like everything else (including plants spawned by earthmother just incase destroying them seemed harmless). also it is a little crowded down there.
maya

Postby The Avatar on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Do I seem unstable to you? Jokes aside, it's a small lore note. It's supposed to stick out to you. Also, that subdungeon really is a mean surprise when investigating, isn't it...

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Yay, I finally beat part 2 of the riddle... took me ages to complete. But now I have a question regarding part 3: If I understand correctly, I need to be a goat person, but how do I unlock it again? I dont see the goats glade and no quests regarding it :( Do I need to have all monster classes before or something like that?
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:05 pm

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:00 pm

My thought process after your reply:
Oh yeah I remember Stheno... and right there was a challenge with a goat! That was really hard, but there was a trick... oh yeah, use EM entangelment! What were the requirements for the challenge again?... FAITHLESS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

But thanks for the fast reply :D I wonder why my goat glade never showed up, I bought the DLC years ago and completed a triple quest on the other account...
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:06 pm

Ok the next parts were really ok.. now to part 5. One important question: Do I need to beat VTOG in curious mode or not? curious seems very daunting, so I would like to be sure that I dont do something unnecessary :D
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons