Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:16 am

I'm having lots of fun clearing Scrooges with Troll. He's not actually strong against most of the bosses there, so it's fun working around them all.
shade_of_ox

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:37 am

Wow. If anyone is looking for a real challenge, try beating the boss parade with VT. That's even harder than Ultradoom?! Vicious, and you have to go through another boss before then... I'll try this a few more times.
shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:40 am

Just so you know, among the changes that we will release soon, we will make the Monster Party difficulty scale with the dungeon difficulty factor.
The unlocking quests will be unchanged though.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 am

That should be... interesting.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 am

Ultradoom is Curious Double Doom ? I just beat that, it was so much fun :) But that with Vicious and Monster Parade sounds horrible...

I wonder if there is a dungeon where it is possible to defeat Curious+Vicious+Scrouge at the same time?

Also the Grudge Match puzzle sucks :D I got the beginning pretty much down, but it just takes FOREVER to get back to try out new things. Can you please change the amount of stuff needed and bosses to kill down to a more reasonable amount? Dont know how the interaction with gods would work, but still, this is just annoying.
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:31 pm

You're having problems with Grudge Match? I thought the solution was pretty obvious. It's definitely the least "puzzle-like" puzzle of the bunch, though.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:39 pm

I didnt spent much time on it, because it didnt feel like fun. In the meantime, I cleared all hard vanilla curious dungeons, Slime Pit was brutal! oO but I had a blast, curious GT was cool :D
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 pm

Cleared VT Scrooge!
http://prntscr.com/ldrbdh
My build was Paladin of GG, the standard power build. No vetos, and the only really good items I got were Platemail and Soul Orb. Tower Shield would have been ideal, or Cursed Cutlass/Fine Sword would have also been really good, but I got a lot of caster shop items...

I picked Southern Swamp because the free mana burn every level and Jormungandr are both pretty nice for a Paladin. VT made leveling difficult, but I didn't really have to spend any resources on the surface. After that, it was one hell of an endurance run - Cleansings for Tower of Goo and Tormented One, Reflex + Quicksilver for Bleaty. Soul Orb made Medusa and Tomithy rather easy. Inventory management became difficult towards the end, at which point I was forced to convert Platemail and smash EM and TT for a last minute Protection, and buy Keg of Health for the win. One health potion left after Aequitas, who was the last boss.

This run is actually quite difficult. I don't think most builds would have enough power to win this. Maybe a Troll (Binlor > Taurog? > Dracul) might have a chance. I'll try that out.
shade_of_ox

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:20 am

Damn, this was really close. I think maybe Troll can't clear this with Shadow Heart, but I'm not sure if gods will be enough either...
http://prntscr.com/le479h
http://prntscr.com/le47en
Shadow Heart Troll is insanely strong with APHEELSIK. LEMMISI is amazing for Dragon Isles. BLUDTUPOWA is just a bonus for taking down the guards.

I made a couple of big mistakes that would have allowed me to kill the Matron, but even so I don't think I would have been able to take down the boss parade afterwards.
shade_of_ox

Postby General_Milky on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:13 am

Excellent work! Troll is low key one of my favorite bits of Extreme Edition content. A really interesting class, definitely has a lot of personality. Moreso than a lot of vanilla monster classes, even.
General_Milky

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons