[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 am

I think I'll try running VGT with Heretic a bit before I go for Curious, just to get a feel for how his god play works again.

The main difference between this and Heretic Gold is just that you can use preps, since there are a lot of exotic enemies in VGT Curious, just like the bosses in Heretic Gold. I think VGT Curious will be much more RNG-heavy, but I'm confident it's beatable.

Maybe I'll try and clear all the Vicious with Heretic to convince myself that I really understand how to play him. Lekon's Table will be interesting with all the extra piety...
shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 am

I think it's a good idea to not have Spawn Plants affect different floors. Getanadafix's bug really will never occur in regular gameplay, but the Siabrae will have that happen all the time because popping burning stacks is the best way to deal with DP. Plants spawning on the surface can completely screw you in different unintended ways, so I think it's best to leave them in their own subdungeon. It doesn't really have a significant impact on the game unless you get very unlucky - I don't think such RNG elements are needed in a game like DD.
shade_of_ox

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:53 am

The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:02 am

OK, I'm not really following what you're talking about here, so I think I'm going to have to scout the run before I discuss this any further.
shade_of_ox

Postby maya on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:25 am

maya

Postby The Avatar on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:38 am

The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 am

OK, I scouted out VGT Curious. A few more notes:

Heretic is definitely the right call here. Vampire is too sensitive to all the Bloodless enemies (if you get unlucky and the Bloodless floor is also something that would otherwise be an easy floor for him, that costs too many resources to recover from I think). Heretic is also much less sensitive to the Corrupting Aura enemies.

My scouting run got to tower 5 before I ran out of resources, but I forgot I had The One Horn until the very end, so I wasn't using half of my leverage. Also, I didn't set up any vetoes, so my only good buy was Platemail, and I had no good glyph spawns either (BLUDTUPOWA, GETINDARE, PISORF, WEYTWUT, three of which I get from gods anyway and the other being completely worthless in a VGT scenario).

I think using The One Horn alone I could easily have made tower 7 or 8, because there were a lot of times when I was a few HP away from being able to kill certain enemies, so I often had to use way more blackspace than I wanted to.

Also, from the looks of it, Jehora is almost guaranteed to give you at least 80 starting piety at level 10, and if he doesn't, you can eat some piety sparkles as well - so I think the best use for him is CA for a corrosion wipe after the Siabrae level.

Also, if you have a positioning glyph it's good to position the Siabrae adjacent to the staris to avoid corrosion. You can also use the plants spawned for IMWAWAL with EM.

GG needs to be carefully timed - you'll probably have excess piety with him which you can use for Protections (but not if you level up!). I don't think Enlightenment is possible or worth it.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Got the serpentine shield, this thing looks awesome :)

But I still got the Edge of the World quest and no idea how to finish it... do I have to find a random subdungeon in the east? Does it have to be curious?

Regarding that damn puzzle: I have no clue how to optimize anymore :D Any hints? I am pretty lost at this point...
Nurator

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons