Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby Nurator on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:56 am

Oh god, that changes everything :D :D :D
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Ok weird... I had no problems AT ALL to defeat this puzzle. I had 2 mana potions and 5 health potions left...

It felt impossible to defeat all bosses before, but only this one was ridiculously easy :o

Anyway, I did it:

https://imgur.com/a/F7rFj1p
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Haha, yeah. It's really not that hard. Enjoy those 3000 gold, I'm sure it was worth the time. :lol:
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:25 pm

It was fun, I didnt do it for the gold :P :D

By the way, I LOVED playing through all of the puzzles! And I also would love to design even more for other players :) Would it be possible to get me on the team to do just that?^^
Nurator

Postby Unidentified Tower on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:11 pm

I just got Extreme Edition this week.

First of all, it's amazing, thank you so much for making this.

Second of all, god this "get six badges" quest is hard, and I've barely scratched the surface of the mod.

Edit: Nevermind, I did it! Got the four easy badges plus Feeling Parched and Miser, with Translocation Seal stealing Amulet of Yendor as a cheese.

Edit 2: Oh GOD Oasis Town's gimmick is insane.
Unidentified Tower

Postby General_Milky on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:51 am

Nice to hear you're enjoying it! A few EE experts are sure to be lurking around to help you out if you need more, and odds are you eventually will.

Oasis Town is pretty nuts but it's also bar none one of the easiest Hard class dungeons around. There's almost ALWAYS a useable power combo sitting on the map for you to steamroll with. Since you have access to EVERYTHINGfrom the getgo, it's real simple to win the map as anything that isn't a goat, a rat, or regen fighters (except Monk, who can faceroll on his resistances)
General_Milky

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:49 am

Oh hey, nice to see another player!

6 badges is about how you put it - indimidating, but it's not all that hard. I think I did it with Hoarder Punchomancer, iirc.

I don't expect you'll have much trouble with Oasis Town, so long as you're good with non regenfighters. Also I would say Goatperson is actually at his strongest here, since you can convert literally all of your food with no danger.
shade_of_ox

Postby Unidentified Tower on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:58 am

My first trip to Oasis Town as Purist Magician went absolutely nowhere, but as a Rogue I crushed it. That's a really neat dungeon, though I'm not sure how you'd play casting classes there.

I also found a funny interaction -- if you have Earthmother generate plants before you go downstairs (I took a couple levels of Vine Form), the plants will be Pacifist too, and you can talk to them like the townsfolk.

By the way, I love the Curious/Investigation mechanic. Most of the dungeons I've tried with it have been incredible. Haven't been brave enough to take on Curious Vicious yet...
Unidentified Tower

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:32 am

I think casting classes do just fine! Aside from BLUDTUPOWA they don't benefit too much from blackspace anyway. Also, Bloodmage still benefits from the bloodpools as always.

I think this might have been already said, but please do post any thoughts you might have! It's a fun read, and the more opinions we have on this the better.
shade_of_ox

Postby Unidentified Tower on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:01 pm

I think I've started leaning on "prep Elite Items and steal Amulet of Yendor" too much as a crutch. I've used it so far for the six badges quest, the Vicious Hoarder quest, and the don't kill more than ten monsters quest.

Tried Lekon's Table as a Rogue, got pretty far! I made it to the boss's "Stheno" move before I couldn't go any further.
Unidentified Tower

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons