[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm

shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:11 am

Thank you for the upload, very interesting to see! You have a totally different style, I tend to change my strategy on the fly, regarding of what items I find instead of first scouting everything.

But I like that, have to try it out :)

Also, I was at the final boss :o I didnt know how deep the rabbit hole went after that... and you got really lucky with your last dodge :D
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:49 am

And I got it!!!!

That strategy is really strong! Went prepped JJ into GG for leveling, humility and a few absolution and then TT for reflex/dodge potions and added dodge.

Didnt even need a lucky dodge at the end, had plenty of stuff left :)
Nurator

Postby General_Milky on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:59 am

I'm just not getting to my vicious curious' myself. Got wrecked in Vicious Steel twice. Is a Berserker the way to go? Feels like it might be with some DR stacking to go along with it, but a Sorcerer sounds better suited for Indomitable while being way the hell harder to beat BlahBlah with...
General_Milky

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:12 am

I defeated it with a Sorcerer. If you are talking about the Curious variant, the final boss is just WAY easier with the Sorc.
One important thing here: You have to defeat BlahBlah twice, so it sucks that he blinks all over the place. The solution: Prep Knockback and go Binlor. As long as you knock him onto an empty tile/a wall every single attack, he will not blink, which allows you to kill him way before exploring everything. Thus, you have enough black space to regenfight the last boss. Oh and definitely use Binlor to have maxed out magic resist it help a TON against all bosses here.

Meanwhile, I am trying to tackle Demonic Library but I got nothing... Unstable on every single enemy is just horrible :D Any ideas here?

EDIT: Nevermind got it! Gorgon was really strong here :) Had tons of ressources left at the end! I just loved all Curious Vanilla Vicious dungeons. I mean wow, there were just small changes, but they made the dungeons really interesting again!

For difficulty, I would rate them from easiest to hardest like this:
Naga City - Dragon Isles - Demonic Library - Vicious Halls of Steel - Namtars Lair

Now to Heretic Gold! And then the curious extreme vicious dungeons will fall... :)
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Nice job on DL! I think I also cleared it with Gorgon. I'm interested to see your strategy for Heretic Gold. Maybe you'll be able to pull out something different from both me and Avatar...

@General_Milky I recommend literally anything but Berserker. Binlor allows for easy 65% magic resists anyway, and your big damage won't help against Indomitable. Sorcerer is probably best, though I think I cleared it with Troll of all things.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Right now I am theorycrafting my strategy :D Have a pretty good idea against most bosses, but the GG boss? Poison, Mana Burn, Curse and 636 HP? How in the hell should I go through him? :o

I dont want to read through this forum just yet, but a little hint would be nice :D
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Curses - popcorn.
Poison/Mana Burn - GG's Cleansing will help. Is there anyone else you want to use the Consecrated Strike on? Maybe you should fight these two at the same time. ;)
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Ok I managed to get to the Faithful Ascendant without many problems. My strategy works really well, not much to worry about.

But BOY, is he strong. I completely ignored resistances in my strategy, but against him that probably isnt the best idea :D
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:05 am

Yeah, resists are a must, to a point. Sadly you can't sustain Body Pact with Heretic...

On my end, I've run into some difficulty with Warmonger EB Curious. My Human Berserker ran out of health way too fast. Dwarf will fare better, but I'm not that excited to get to the boss with a Dwarf...
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons