Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby Nurator on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi all! Long time since I roamed this forum, but the extreme edition got me curious again. So I finally beat Vicious Gaan Telet (YAY!) for the first time after the revamp as I thought I had to do that in order to get access to the extreme edition (yes I installed it and I am starting through the launcher)

EDIT: Ok reinstalling did the trick. I have a bunch of new puzzles and a quest that costs 1000 gold. I completed it and it said I have a new dungeon! But how can I access it?! I am confused...
Nurator

Postby General_Milky on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 pm

The new dungeons are the little black circles under the usual dungeons. Look at Northern Desert and Eastern Tundra.
General_Milky

Postby Nurator on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Got it :) Thank you very much!
Nurator

Postby maya on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 am

I have not unlocked endless blizzard yet (and still don't know how too but I have not completed phantom citadel so yeah) so I don't know much about the regular variant let alone the curios variant
maya

Postby The Avatar on Sun May 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Just a heads up to those following this: A special, full-length, multi-part quest will be released tomorrow. It will be accessible from early on in the EE content, so anyone who has played through most things already should have it unlock instantly, and new downloaders will run into it rather swiftly. I don't want to spoil anything about this, but the questline is quite literally unlike anything in either the EE or the base game in terms of both its execution and reward, so I recommend you go check it out when it releases (if only for the novelty). I'll post once more here and on the actual website when it officially goes live. Also, with this effectively done we're moving on to making The South!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Tue May 08, 2018 7:53 am

Whew, quick post to let people know the update is up only 50 minutes later than expected (woohoo for bundling delays)! So head on over to http://ddmod.weebly.com/download.html for Mac/Linux/First Timers or run the installer if you're on Windows. Also, if you get stumped by this unusual new quest line please don't hesitate to ask for clues. And even if you don't please leave feedback on anything and everything tied up in it (preferably spoiler tagged because of the nature of the content). We're really curious to hear what you all think of this new quest style (even though it's probably only going to be a one off, unless people really like it).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Tapir on Tue May 08, 2018 3:26 pm

What exactly is the trigger for causing the new questline to appear? Trying to figure out if there's something I need to do first or if I just installed it incorrectly.
The Tapir

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue May 08, 2018 5:46 pm

I don't know what the exact conditions are, but doing a quick Hobbler's Hold run caused them to be checked for me and started the quest.
Bwrgarbl

Postby The Avatar on Tue May 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Yep, if you've already beaten One Lord to Rule Them All then this should unlock after the completion of any run (win or loss). This is a side effect of the game not checking for unlocks, etc. until you come back from a run instead of as soon as you launch (IIRC). Otherwise, go complete that quest and it'll unlock immediately.

The Avatar

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue May 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Well, the first part of the new questline, I brought in exactly the right hero to completely demolished it. I wouldn't mind if that was an option there every time.

The second part... well, the clue is pretty clear, and it's something I never wanted to do ever again. So it might be a long while before I feel like continuing this quest further.
Bwrgarbl

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons