[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby maya on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:54 am

I'm just gonna say this. why am I allowed to immawall the guards in phase 2 (the subdungeon the boss drops) of phantom citadel soft locking me? I wasn't gonna win the run (as I realised very quickly that I could not kill them at level 7 and I had no black space left) but I literally cannot anymore as the boss is just sitting there laughing. I even decided to endiswall them incase they dropped something but alas all I got was the 1 gold imawall gives. bug or intended outcome?

on another note am I supposed to search sub dungeons for the man mentioned in the end of the world quest or is it something entirely different as I have spent an hour at least searching for him in sub dungeons and secret sub dungeons and tried numerous locations to see if it was location specific

edit: never mind I might have been able to win as I got level 10 off all the thrash mobs outside but I highly doubt it
maya

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 am

No need to search for him in subdungeons. If you do other quests you'll run into him eventually.

Yeah, you shouldn't IMAWAL them if you want to win. Just like the goat in Oasis Town. But we can change that in the patch for convenience's sake.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby maya on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 am

just a quick thing. I started attempting using earthmother in phantom citadel but sometimes when I attempt to use any boon that places plants my game straight up crashes. it's not like it's the first time I try buying a boon it crashes but just when at a random number of times when I buy a boon it crashes. hope that makes sense (the wording not the crashing)
maya

Postby Vemb on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 am

I found another bug.

Seems like something weird is happening with Fireball + Riposte + Frostbite. After I fireballed the enemy the next fireball showed giving me similar increase in health. After I got rid of my Frostbite that mystical lifedrain stopped happening.
Vemb

Postby General_Milky on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Did it actually give you the health, or did the combat prediction just freak out? I noticed something similar once, but I was a Sorcerer and figured it was just a freak occurance with Sorcerer's mana-healing ability combined with frostbite.
General_Milky

Postby Vemb on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Vemb

Postby zayyeh on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 am

Last edited by zayyeh on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby General_Milky on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:39 am

Makes sense. Even a popcorn would work? Dunno how I managed to fail over and over then. Guess I just left the valueless guys last out of habit.
General_Milky

Postby Makiki89 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 pm

I have a question that will probably seem a bit strange with all the pros here, but I'm having trouble with Hobbler's Hold and the One Lord to Rule Em All. I saw earlier advice to pick an Elf Warlord, but I've been trying and failing spectacularly. On my last run I got all that I needed - Piercing Wand to get rid of his defenses, enough mana to cast CYDSTEPP twice, Jehora to give me a level boost, but I still didn't even come close.

Do you have any tips? What am I doing wrong :(
Makiki89

Postby Vemb on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

I managed to beat Heretic Gold. It come down to the wire since I wouldn't have been able to take any more hits from the boss. I think it took 7 to 10 tries to finally win - really satisfying victory. Even this run wasn't perfect, I did make some mistakes here and there - worst was probably how I didn't even use one god at all.

I like the challenge a lot when compared to Magician Gold and really appreciate how it highlights the strenghts and weaknesses of Heretic. I had to really think about how to beat the various problems and what boons are needed, especially how to use Pactmaker. My main problem with the map is that race pick seems really obvious, but I guess that is more or less unavoidable when making such challenges. Funny how the map is obviously based on VGT and one my first thoughts when I saw Heretic was that VGT is going to be fun with it.

Victory Screen
Vemb

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons