[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby The Avatar on Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Ha, I promise it’s not quite as bad as it seems. If you go in there fullly kitted out and save the slayer wand at all costs you’ll likely get it in a few tries. And, fortunately, failed runs there are usually incredibly brief. That being said, it is a rather different dungeon, so I can understand why you’re less than enthused by it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby maya on Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 am

just a quick thing. after I went into a dungeon and hopped back out I was unable to see the riddle again. the text on the quest looks like the message before the riddle and not the riddle. before entering my first dungeon after receiving the quest the quest just simply stated the riddle. this has happened for both part 1 and 2
maya

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 09, 2018 9:13 am

Hm, there was some original weirdness around parsing the quest text (the standard DD handler can't deal with multi-paragraph descriptions), but in my last check it was working. It must have gotten borked in the very last round of bug fixes.

Either way, apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for the report! If you forget one of the clues, don't hesitate to ask, and in the mean time we'll get this hot-fixed ASAP.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby RyanSwindoll on Thu May 10, 2018 9:26 pm

I lost access to the text of the first clue for the new quest, and I'm stuck. Any clues would be appreciated!
RyanSwindoll

Postby maya on Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am

imma need that riddle again. I had a remembered it long enough to write an idea of what the goal was but (unless I somehow did not trigger the special thing in the dungeon) it failed and imma need a new plan. all I remember is something bout elves
maya

Postby The Tapir on Fri May 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Okay, so I can't see the first hint anymore because of the bug, but I interpreted the first clue as "beat curious creeplight without killing the sacrifice" and that was not the correct answer. Am I supposed to beat it after killing the goat?
The Tapir

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri May 11, 2018 8:02 pm

You should have checked on the sacrifice... it's pacifist, talk to it.

The second one is:

I did get around to doing it... I was correct.

And I'm really not sure it was worth it... because there's one place where I know I can do the second line of the third, and it's lucky that it is available to me in my patched copy. But more importantly, it's going to take a good investment of time to make an attempt, and it seems very easy to accidentally trigger one of the three conditions that seem to be on it... and I'm not going to know if it was correct until the end (and even then I might not be sure), so it could be a wild goose chase.

The first was:

And the third:
Bwrgarbl

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Hm, I think you might be barking up the wrong tree if you're "lucky it's available to you in your patched copy." As a general hint to save your and everyone's time on these overall, know that none of these riddles require you to engage with EE content. Furthermore, most of them are not that difficult to complete (pt. 2 may give trouble depending on one's experience with the dungeon, and one of the later parts is also more of a combat challenge than a riddle, but generally speaking anyone capable of beating Vicious in the EE will be able to beat them).

I think my record time for clearing part 3 is roughly 10 minutes, but it definitely requires a bit more time than just winning the dungeon it takes place in. That being said, you shouldn't have any trouble succeeding every time if you know the proper requirements (of which there are only two, if I remember correctly). Hope this helps!

The Avatar

Postby The Tapir on Sat May 12, 2018 5:55 am

The Tapir

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 am

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons