[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 am

Now that I think about it, EM or IMAWAL is probably an effective strategy in LT Curious, since it basically allows you to completely ignore all of the level 10 sins (and forces you to kill far less enemies). I'm going to try that.
shade_of_ox

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:10 am

Cleared Sins of the Father!
http://prntscr.com/l88rdo
Notes below:

@Avatar - as soon as you mentioned Stheno I figured I'd try this, since that is by far the easiest way to play through Hexx Ruins.
This challenge is a lot of fun! Leveling is very challenging here, even with EM helping. The bosses aren't that difficult, especially when compared to Stoneless. If I were to change anything, it would be to maybe give the Sacrifice magic resists as well, and also a few more DPs - maybe 5 would be good. And the Vessel should really have more than 1000-odd health. At the very least I think he should start spawning goats right away instead of at a certain threshold - this IS Curious, after all, and it would make him a little bit more challenging. But mainly, more health and more damage than a measly 75 would help a lot with that.

By the way, I've always wondered - why is the Vessel hardcoded to teleport around instead of just giving him Blink? I'm actually not a fan of that, since it just cuts down on the number of strategies you can use on him.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:54 pm

Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:51 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Well, I already cleared all the Hard Curious in the north in the course of playing through it normally, so I think I'll probably do all of the East Curious first, mostly because I'm interested in Frigid Battlefield Curious. The others won't take that long, anyway, I don't think.

After that I guess it's gonna be Troll Lab -> Phantom Citadel -> Endless Blizzard, and then I'll start on the Gilded Goat.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:45 pm

I cleared Errand Boy pt.2 ! Boy, that took way too many attempts... not being able to use potions at the end really sucked :D

However, now I cleared all quests... how do I unlock the next ones? Isnt there a three part quest in the east? And where is the third part of errand boy?

@shade_of_ox

The Guilded Goat is really brutal, but totally fun. I am sure you can beat it :) Looking forward to your playthrough!
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm

http://prntscr.com/l8evum
This was fun and easy. Felt kind of like playing a Tinker thanks to all the extra gold. Wizard makes a really good hybrid.

http://prntscr.com/l8f5xd
Everfrost Peak is basically Oasis Town with an easier boss, offset by the chances of not finding everything when exploring. The gimmick of the Curious is heavily offset by the fact that the boss also gets corroded as you explore more - the potion kit gives you a huge advantage over him, so long as you can level with no blackspace. I picked Goblin Assassin, but you can also definitely do this with a Warlord or Rogue, as well. I repeatedly had big blackspace subdungeons spawn here. I don't think Sir Thrawn or Paan Labyrinth are very helpful here. :lol:

http://prntscr.com/l8fjyj
With a Jehora Punchomancer this wasn't too difficult, though I got lucky with BLUDTUPOWA.

Now onto Vicious. Troll Lab next.
shade_of_ox

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Cleared Power Harvesting!
http://prntscr.com/l8fvxf
First try! Full Dracul build here, one of my favorites to play. 4 lifesteal thanks to Draining Blade. Even so it was very close - I didn't have enough health to take hits from bosses without Warrior's Pact - this is the first time I've ever used it, in fact. I only killed the Blood and relied on my 150+ damage to take down the rest of the boss. It came down to literally the last hit, at which point I had to convert Draining Blade to reach exactly enough damage to kill the boss.

Very cool dungeon! I think I actually like this version better than the original - it doesn't really feel rewarding to be forced to kill some of the debuff bosses in order to stand a chance against the original (you have to kill Trollenstein's Monster, for instance, or else Ensnare + Crazed Regeneration make him literally impossible). Here that isn't a concern, and the "build your own boss" mechanic is very cool.

Phantom Citadel next!
shade_of_ox

Postby The Avatar on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:19 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Even if they all had Protective Blessing I don't think it would have made much of a difference. I had more than enough resources to kill them all by knocking them through walls if I wanted to.
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons