[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 pm

While we're on the topic, my favorite run is probably the new EB Curious rather than Heretic Gold (which is a very close second) because EB Curious is very beatable with more than one class. Nurator, I'd really like to hear your take on it.
shade_of_ox

Postby General_Milky on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:15 am

So far, I've beaten neither. Heretic Gold intimidated me so much that I left it "until I did everything else" and the only Vicious Curious I actually beat is Demonic Library. I also did VHoS but it changed in the patch, so I count it as not been done anymore.
General_Milky

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:50 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Oh yeah. I hadn't even noticed Vicious Steel Curious was changed. It's looking quite good now, before my main complaint wasn't the knockback but that you could straight up kill Indomitable at level 1 if you found him and a damage glyph. Cleared it with Troll with plenty of resources left, but it was definitely an interesting take on the dungeon.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 pm

I will try to find the regular solution and break it in a way, that you can just increase the HP of the boss, ok? :D

In the next days, I will tackle all the curious vicious dungeons and Heretic Gold... I am planning a house right now, and all the afterwork mental energy I have is going into this adventure, but when I have time left, I am really looking forward to Desktop Dungeons :)
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:01 pm

http://prntscr.com/lstxa6

Finally cleared VGT with Troll. This was actually first try, and was a very interesting run, as all Troll runs tend to be. Frozen Crown is quite strong for a run like this that doesn't see much use for BURNDAYRAZ, though I maintain that it's a bit too weak in most situations. In any case, Venom Dagger and Platemail were pretty much my only good luck of the entire run as I:
- Didn't get HALPMEH and found GETINDARE when I had already decided to take Platemail
- Got Dancing Blade and Bridge Troll as my last 2 enemies
- Didn't get PM until the 8th tower, and didn't get Dracul until the 9th tower
- Had Flash of Insight on PM's floor, the second largest

The really interesting part of this run was when I didn't have enough money to buy Viper Ward, so I converted to TT (as Troll!) and took Dodging for that extra gold, then killed a lot of popcorn to convert to Binlor quickly. I've never had to do that before.

Overall the run wasn't tight at all, I had plenty of resources left over, but it was very interesting.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Tackled Eternal Blizzard. My first attempt was really fun, but brutally hard! Managed to get to the 5 boss on camp stage, before getting utterly destroyed by them :D

Looking forward to playing the vicious dungeons more :)
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Just out of curiosity, what build are you playing? I've won with Dwarf Wizard and Human Sorcerer myself, and I know it's been done with a Priest.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 am

I tried an Orc Heretic with Cursed Cutlass, my standard Power-Build right now :)
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 am

That's a power build for you? I mean, it's decently strong, but by no means what I would call a power build (I leave that distinction for punchomancer and the like). Don't you think Human would work better in such a long dungeon?
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons