[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby Nurator on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Thanks for all the pointers! I used my reflexes and DP against Gharbad, although TT didnt like that. So maybe PISORFing him to death without touching anything else is a good strategy. Especially with B2P opening the tiles right next to me, he should not regenerate in between... there are a lot of small things I can still optimize, but wow the difficulty is really high :D

For preps: I use Fortitude, Reflex, Quicksilver and Strength Potion, Fine Sword, Perseverance badge, compression seal, more glyphs (to have better glyphs overall and the reduced conversion actually helps in reaching the threshold. Then one extra shop and black market to have a good pool and more money in the second part to buy everything I want. I am pretty satisfied with that right now.

But yeah, probably next time I reach the final boss chamber with all these added knowledge, I should be able to defeat him... we will see :D I keep you posted :)
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Hm ok I am not sure what happened here: First two parts were pretty much perfect and I had good regen fight items (thus making the second and third goat in part 2 really easy :))

https://ibb.co/cAFzjz

I had 3 lifesteals and platemail, but this meant either taking a lot of corrosion/weakening or killing bankers. I somehow managed to still get to lvl 8 without angering Dracul and having enough fortitude/burn salves with me, I was able to get to a comfortable power level.
However, I wasnt even able to defeat the first form! My damage output was really bad, even quaffing all 4 reflex potions didnt help me to kill him... strange. Last time I killed the four goats to get a levelup, now I left the lvl 7 as a blood cow, but my XP was way too little anyway.

Any idea whats going on here? Anyway, part 1 and 2 feel comfortable now, get through them nearly every attempt now :)
Nurator

Postby srid on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:27 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Nurator on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks for the tips! I always have one goblin popcorn left to retrigger dodge, but still my luck is pretty bad there...^^
I dont have cursed cutlass right now, and want to focus on this dungeon until I beat it. Fine sword is awesome as it allows fast leveling from the beginning on. I dont know if the other options are that good overall... Taurog is a great idea to prep. I think I will just ignore him till the end, go instant Mystera, but at the end convert and get the sword :)
EDIT: Ok nevermind, Mystera doesnt spawn then :D So no Taurog ...

Btw, I noticed a HUGE mistake I am doing: Blood curse increases lifesteal and regeneration and plate mail! I should use that! God, that would have been such a difference :(

EDIT: GOD!!!! That was perfect. Everything lined up. I had so much stuff and steamrolled everything. Then one misclick and I was dead... I hate this game :D
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 am

This might not be the right place to post this, but I'm having trouble installing the mod.
I'm getting this error:
"Patching a file (filepath)\DesktopDungeons_Data\resources.assets was interrupted. Can't apply patch because file was changed. Check your computer for viruses or reinstall game client."
This error persists when I reinstall the game. I'm on the GOG version, using the latest version - I saw someone say something about this error earlier, but since then I think the developers have said on their website that the mod has been updated to work with the latest version? I don't really understand what's going on. Does this mod just not work with the GOG version at all?
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:08 am

Sadly, thats normal. It happens when you are more than one version behind. So just rerun the launcher again. You will see a new version installed all the time. If it stops and lets you through, the right patch is finished.
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Ok thats insane. I am done, this is just to hard. I had 25% resist, TWO platemails, 3 lifesteal, not too much damage to kill the four blood cows, was level 10 all the way and the last boss just doesnt go DOWN!

https://ibb.co/cbh11p

I am done, if I am this lucky and play somewhat properly, this is just to hard to pull off. 150 damage with fast regen is just insane.
Nurator

Postby srid on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Last edited by srid on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby srid on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:33 pm

srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Oh wow, that really sucks - I was looking forward to playing the mod.

I think I'll submit a support ticket and see if I can get a steam key for the game or something, since I've already bought it.
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons