[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby kenait on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Still looking for the answer, so can you give small hint?
kenait

Postby General_Milky on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:46 pm

General_Milky

Postby kenait on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Can someone give me a screen of sixth riddle? Can't read properly in quest tracker.
kenait

Postby The Avatar on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 am

Can’t provide that right now, but if you write out the lines (with a capital letter denoting the start of a new line) then you’ll have it. But since that’s probably a hassle, here’s the lines written out:

Examine that. I promise there’s a readily visible hidden message. Then follow that, complete the challenge, and win the quest for a truly unique reward, if you can.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby kenait on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Thanks, now i got it. Still need to learn how to beat down this dungeon.

kenait

Postby uugr3 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, lads and ladettes, peoples of all varieties, real or not real, I give you:

HOW TO MONEYGRIND THE *HELL* OUT OF EXTREME EAST

Step 1: Enter Curious Northern Desert (you have to unlock Curious first, of course)
- Best class for this is Orc Rogue, but any class with high enough damage can do it (consider Magician for the WEYTWUT, Berserker for his resists of Thief for the first-hit bonus)
- Prep Dracul, Bear Mace, Fine Sword (*NOT* Cursed Cutlass, you may need to convert if your damage gets too high from boons), Whupaz (not for the traditional reasons, believe me), Smuggler Den, and Health/Damage boosters
- Elite Items or Quest Items are decent preps - believe me, cost is not going to matter

Step 2: Leveling
- Don't worship Dracul yet, he's not necessary
- Try to find any god you can to boost max health/piety - JJ is fantastic (I actually prepped him in my run and happened to find Dracul by chance), GG or EM might work too but they're not ideal
- Haven't tested this, but I suspect Warrior Pact would be *very* good for what we're doing. Take it if you can
- Don't waste resources on leveling - it's an easy dungeon and, if you can get some health, you're gonna be pretty mighty anyway
- Buy whatever the hell you want, you're probably going to be emptying the shops anyway. Damage/health boosters should be kept, anything else is pretty fodderable
- Save blackspace whenever possible - obviously you should be doing this *anyway*, but ideally, you should have a decent chunk of map left to explore by level 10. LEMMISI/ENDISWAL help reach blackspace, so you may not want to convert them
- DO NOT CONVERT: BURNDAYRAZ and any positioning glyph you find - WEYTWUT is best (another reason JJ is great), PISORF is fine in most cases, WONAFYT is acceptable but not ideal. You only need one of these, obviously
- At level 6, you can start whapping Aequitas to make some copies. They're fantastic experience fodder and should get you quickly to level 10
- Don't even think about the Tower of Goo, he doesn't matter at all

Step 3: SMAAAAASH
- At the start of this, you want to be: Level 10, with >50 Piety at whatever God you're worshipping, plus about 140-150 damage, all of your potions, a Whupaz, and as much health, blackspace and popcorn as you can get
- You do NOT want your damage above 158. If it is, convert the Fine Sword and try to avoid hitting the conversion threshold again. Although, given the Dracul base damage bonuses, you're honestly probably screwed and should restart
- OK, now for the main part of this strategy: Aequitas and his copies. Basically, you're going to be whapping a copy into Aequitas, killing him while spawning another copy, which you then whap into Aequitas to kill the copy and spawn another one, and you just keep going and going until you get bored/run out of resources (because I actually have no idea if this normally lasts indefinitely)
- You get 25 gold per mirror killed, and believe when I say that adds up *fast*
- Convert to Dracul, grab 3 Blood Hungers and 3-4 Blood Tithes as you gain piety (plus Blood Shield, you know, if you want)
- Start by BURNDAYRAZ-ing Aequitas then hitting a popcorn to spawn another copy - you want him either completely or mostly surrounded. If there's a spot adjacent to Aequitas where you can't whap a copy into him, leave the copy there
- Use up all your health/mana potions beating on copies, either by whapping em into Aequitas or BURNDAYRAZ+attack. Same with blackspace, but leave at least one uncovered for emergencies (you don't really need to worship Dracul for this bit, JJ is fine - Dracul gives lots of piety for this though)
- You should have a piety + bloodpool surplus by the time you run out of resources, plus 300-600ish gold. You can buy out shops here for CP if you didn't have enough damage to one-hit the clones with Knockback earlier
- At this point, if you have Body (or possibly Warrior) Pact, I'm pretty sure you can just keep whacking the Mirrors back and forth forever with the help of Lifesteal and the bloodpools they keep making.
- The extra single tile of blackspace + Whupaz is part of a little extra emergency plan I figured out: If Aequitas runs out of copies (he'll be at 1 health from all the whapping), you uncover the blackspace, take the Whupaz, and hit him to spawn an extra copy while not killing him with Rogue's natural first strike. I'm not sure if Whupaz kills at one health, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, so I'd keep the tile to be safe

The way I was doing it, it looks like the 75 damage you need for one kill is a decent bit less than the bonus from Lifesteal/bloodpools, but with the luck of Dodge bonuses, I could have kept going for a long, long time. You also get an huuuuuge amount of Prestige levels (I got 14!), which is fun. I had to stop because uh I accidentally knocked the copy in the wrong direction twice in a row I MEAN GOT BORED AND STOPPED I'M A COMPETENT VIDEO GAME PLAYER WHO DOESN'T MAKE DUMB MISTAKES

Screenshots of my personal run:

Have fun with your huuuuge amounts of money! There's no real set gold-per-second (depends how fast you can click), but assuming you get an average of one kill per second, this would be able to buy out all the bank upgrades in only, like, three hours, even if you didn't have any! Probably would get boring, but it's still WAY less time than the normal way.

I apologize if someone already found this and posted about it, but I haven't seen anyone talk about this.

(PS - mods pls dont fix i want moneys ;-;)
uugr3

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:21 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby kenait on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:28 pm

How ensnare trait work? If i undrstood correctly, next time i got damaged, all monsters on the map will heal one tile worth hp. But i didn't see any effect while hitting not-ensnaring monster. Suspect, ensnare the secret of how to beat 3rd part of troll quest.

UPD: It seems that healing affects only one monster whose i attacked.
kenait

Postby General_Milky on Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:05 pm

General_Milky

Postby kenait on Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Any advice how to beat vampire warmonger troll lab? I tried platemail and fewer glyphs, but wasted too much blackspace before first kill. Lvling up without glyphs consumes too much tiles. It's really hurts kill bloodcows for lvlups because only other monsters are either too strong to kill (undead trolls), or gives you too many curses.
kenait

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons