[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:48 am

I am pretty much stumped right now...

I had 45% resist + 1 lifesteal + a few DR from EM:

https://imgur.com/a/kKFikNE

Went through all other bosses without any problems, but cant seem to get him down through the enrage phase :(

Here is my end screen for the strategy:

https://imgur.com/a/WDVSaW5

To EB Warmonger Curious: Now you are just showing off :D I dont think, the devs ever intended that to be possible ;-)
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:01 am

AND ITS DONE!!!

https://imgur.com/a/EJyZ9iD

25% resist, 2 lifesteal, 2 poison, 10% dodge and 10% sanguine was enough to defeat the boss. At the end, I had no blackspace and 13 bloodpools left, and made quite a bit of mistakes in the run.

Wow, this dungeon was fantastic. It was much more like a puzzle than everything else, but as I love these, I dont mind :D

Difficulty wise, this was WAY easier for me than the gilded goat. I would even say, easier than Curious Namtars Lair!
I finished the challenge on my fourth real try. Namtars Lair took me 20 (until I say shades strategy, then 2 :D )

What to do next... extreme vicious curious dungeons? VGT? Why does this game always have bigger challenges once you defeat some other? :D
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:20 am

Thanks :) That is insane, killing him twice? :o I would really have to think about a better strategy then :D

I messed up quite some other bosses with stopping midway, refilling all my stats and then trying again -.-
EM was just in the way, I wanted to use it somehow, but yeah killing the plants would have been much better! I was so scared of the final boss, so I took everything to reduce his damage :D

But out of curiosity, why is Humility good here? I took it by pure chance, because I had 15 piety right before leveling up and thought "eh, its no harm". Getting to lvl 10 is no problem at all here, it delays your fireball play, so what is it good for? Do you get another levelup with stat increase?
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am

Yep, humility is good because you're essentially guaranteed to hit "level 11" which means it's basically +5 BD and +10 health for 15 GG piety (an already cheap thing). It's also worth noting that BD is doubly useful because it makes each of your conversions worth that much more. I still wonder if I could pull off taking both skullpicker and the armor from Taurog without costing me anything else significant, but now am pouring my time into finishing up Southern designs instead of enjoying Eastern ones.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 am

Wow I didnt know that!!! That makes this boon even more fantastic than it already is!

Please hurry :D I cant wait to play the south now :)
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Cleared Curious Troll Laboratory, that one was easy :) Just killed every boss and then final one had 1 HP :D
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:06 am

Congrats on Heretic Gold! Seems like your strategy is a bit different than either mine or Avatar's.

I would actually argue that Curious Troll Lab is distinctly easier than the normal version. At the very least you don't either have to kill the monster or the Blood just in order to be able to fight the boss at all.
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Curious Phantom Citadel seems bad :D The shades are not a problem, but there is so little XP! And the first boss is pretty strong too :(
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Yendor is not recommended for this one. ;)
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons