[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby maya on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 am

from what I saw of it (it not in my codex because of using a different save file) it did look interesting though I don't know how much use the dragon would get out of it, but the sorc or wizard could find real nice use of it. I never did try with a different class but I might go ahead and try with a sorc and see if he will work, though from what I remember the 4 generals really hate magic (retaliate, 50% mr + 4 death protections, and ensnare on three different guys)

edit: never taking mystic balance in phantom citadel again because 4 mana leemisis doesn't work. good news is though sorc went better than expected as slayer wand pulled some heavy weight along with cydstep (made me able to take a hit from phase 1). also never noticed +1 hp regen when i first saw it. also those daggers have no effects i'm assuming.
maya

Postby srid on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:15 am

I didn't mean specifically for the dragon, but more in general. It's kind of the ultimate Faithless item.

I don't understand what are the daggers you are referring to, though.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby srid on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:50 am

Below is a small strategy guide that TheAvatar wrote about Phantom Citadel and allowed me to share here.
It was written with a generic perspective (i.e. no class in particular).

As a personal note about Half-Dragon, I would add:

Half-Dragon's knockback might probably come in really handy for getting rid of the most annoying generals,
if you carry Weytwut with you, of course.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby maya on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:05 am

the daggers were from the Baldur sub after 1st victory in phantom citadel I assume. the ones in the corners at the top.
maya

Postby The Avatar on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Actually the daggers do have an effect, but not in the context of that subdungeon (where they are present for lore purposes). Instead, you can find and pickup that item in a certain random subdungeon found in the East.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:13 pm

I'm shamelessly double-posting to mention there's a new post up on ddmod.weebly.com that is a broad update about South development so far. There's no release date as of yet, but if you want a brief, flavorful summary of what's done and what's coming (that's also spoiler-free), then go check it out!

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:07 am

Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:25 am

The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:46 am

Thanks for the tips :)

I know how the goats spawn, but sometimes the boss just blinks to a position without anything to block the goats from spawning, so there is nothing you can do. It does not happen often, but often enough to annoy me :D And yeah, every time I play after a long time, my first attempt gets screwed because I forgot about that...

The second part then seems way more beatable than before, thanks! Just reached it once and had not much left to kill a boss.

I will keep you updated on my progress :)
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:04 pm

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons