[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:53 pm

Oh my... it's been done. Congrats on being the first and currently only person to have legitimately won this. You didn't even get that good rolls on monster order or glyphs or stuff. I'm just sort of stunned I suppose, and impressed. Enjoy your reward, as absurd as it is. I'd recommend against using it on real runs as it's likely overpowered and will definitely be getting changed, but do have some fun with it!

Have you beaten everything else (Heretic Gold, all vicious curious, EB Vicious)?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby choongmyoung on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Investigated a bit of NC, but I had to face two different errors. I reported it to Zayyeh.

I didn't beat any of them. VGT is my favorite dungeon in the original game so I tried to investigate it very first among the original vicious dungeons. I didn't even try class challenges, and EB is not in my field yet. I guess "The Edge of the World" quest is it?

I think the Rat will really enjoy this item, let's see...
choongmyoung

Postby General_Milky on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:43 pm

I may have been beat, but I've not given up! I've crafted up two other potential strategies I'm going to try until something breaks (either it or me) and then I'll probably just copy that Vampire answer. I'm thinking maybe a Shadow Heart Monk could pull it off, or a JJ > Dracul sorcerer. I'm invested in this, now.

Edit: Nuts to it. My investment was short lived, I can't even make it to Horatio anymore and all my strategies are doing is wasting time. Tried a few vampire runs that didn't get off the ground, and decided that, yeah, Choong can have this, I'm just going back to other Curious dungeons and waiting until the eventual nerf. Time to take all my vetos back out and forget about it.
General_Milky

Postby General_Milky on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:23 pm

I've gotten real bad all of a sudden. I was going to post yesterday complaining about why you guys would raise Namtar's health in the Curious version, because I was having fits beating his first form at all. Then I checked and... he's always been this tough. He's always had 400+ health in phase one. Why am I suddenly having so much trouble with this chump?

Maybe this is a good sign I should take a break. At the very least from serious progress on the to-do list. Maybe it's time to, if not put the game down for a few weeks, then start casual playing dungeons at random. Roll back to sub-vicious difficulty.
General_Milky

Postby General_Milky on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:48 am

Another post. Good news, and bad news.

Good news is, I'm next to Choong as a clearer of The Final Challenge. The bad? I got here via bug, but I think I could do it again legitimately because in abusing this bug I kind of accidentally discovered the winning strategy, an edit to Choong's. I ABSOLUTELY OVERKILLED it and think I could get a similar legitimate result with platemail and better corrosion management. I was fighting Horatio with 9 corrodes on me, 32% resists, 7 stacks of lifesteal, and a couple leftover glyphs I was holding onto scared to death of the last transformation. (didn't know if I'd need burndayraz or bycepps still) Here's the details:

EDIT:

Did it again, bug free.

General_Milky

Postby maya on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:53 am

while I was attempting to finish the purist challenge in the frigid battlefield I encountered a bug with the bosses. while on a sorcerer if you kill the second boss in succession with mana barrier being the final hit the first guy will reappear the second not drop a trophy but when you head to the entrance It will tell you that you won and when you leave it will give you a victory end card screen

also Choongmyoung Lee entanglement spam isn't the only way to kill the retaliate guy, as I managed it with sanguine from dracul + sorcerer benefit giving me the hp to throw the fireballs at him
maya

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:01 am

Well done! Looks like I might have to make those summons bloodless when I nerf the overall difficulty...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby General_Milky on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:28 am

It may also be worth lower Membership Badge CP value. It's worth a surprisingly high amount and certainly contributes to one stack of lifesteal almost all by itself. Although then again, outside of this one instance, it's not ALL that notable.

The nerf should be fun. Vampire breaks the challenge, but what I'm waiting for it Choong to post an eventual video of winning as a standard class. THAT would be impressive.
General_Milky

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:19 am

Membership Badges's CP has always been a secret love of mine. I'll loathe to see it go. It was buffed in response to people always taking the Refund Wand over the Membership Badge due to its relatively higher value. Now it's the opposite, so I'll probably cut off a bit of Membership badge's CP and return Refund Wand to its original 40%.

As for Choong's upcoming blowing of my mind: Even if it's post-patch it'll still be pretty freaking impressive, as the nerf which will probably be fairly small (since right now it is possible to get very close to winning without any Vampire+spawns shenanigans). Really I'm looking forward to the Rat and Goat wins on EB (since those are runs I leave to him to prove their possibility--I suppose that if he can't do it the dungeon requires adjustment/accommodations for them). Goat especially on EB though, is a heck of a run. You need all the food to even make it to Cocyteon, and the altar switching means that the altar in your area will frequently not be to the God you are currently worshipping.

The Avatar

Postby maya on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:30 am

found a bug

description: during the sorcerer purist run of frigid battlefield upon killing the second boss (blue one but I believe that matters little) consecutively using the mana barrier damage the first boss (green) decided to respawn himself and the second boss did not drop a trophy. hitting the first boss again did not respawn the second boss however and when I went to the entrance it had win instead of exit. it also granted me success for the run

on a side note I love the expansion so far, I honestly never saw the problem with the two challenges at frost galore (or whatever it's actually called) as rat monarch with cydstepp and yendor proved to much and as for crusader I failed the first time because I thought miser wasn't there but the very next run I got it.
maya

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons