[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby srid on Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:40 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Nurator on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Got it :)
https://ibb.co/iAkK59

Now to part 6... I directly saw something that seems like a clue but I have no idea, what it means :D If I figure it out and beat it, I will definitely brag about it here :D

EDIT: Never mind, found it! These clues were amazing! Hard enough to really have to think about, but you feel so clever if you do! Just like the rest of the game. Now to actually beating that thing...
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:30 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby maya on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:57 am

I know that I put it off because of it requiring vgt (and the fact that I got to level 9 in the tower and accidently killed myself which sorta disheartened me) and the fact that I hadn't cleared any other vgt until then sort of mad me just put it aside. I might start trying again soon but I don't know if I will have the patience too.
maya

Postby srid on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:39 am

srid

Postby maya on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 am

thanks for the advice but I have already been given plenty of advice (on this very thread in fact) and I've learnt a lot from choongmyoung's videos. it has to do with the fact it takes a long time. spending an hour+ doing (sorta) intense mental puzzles isn't really appealing to me all to often. I also got served defeat on a silver platter by phantom citadel as a dragon 1 too many times causing disbelief in my abilities. I also haven't done anything very impressive in the game in my opinion, the best thing I could think of was accidently starting a purist gorgon run of demonic library and winning, which causes me to think lowly of my ability.
maya

Postby srid on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:59 am

I agree with you that VGT doesn't quite fit into your average coffee break. In that regards the last part is even worse.

If it can ease your pain, be assured that Phantom Citadel is considered as the hardest Vicious dungeon of the EE, which are all harder than the vanilla Vicious dungeons, including VGT in my opinion. I don't know if I should be saying that, but we are considering reducing the difficulty of Phantom Citadel a bit, to put it a little more on par with the other ones.

I haven't beat it either, not that I tried much, but in my few attempts I barely managed to kill one of the four generals before running out of resources. I don't even know where to begin to beat that with the Half-Dragon.
IIRC, you prepped EM, but I guess I would try with Binlor or JJ (not necessarily prepped, just prep a fourth altar and hope to find them). JJ mostly for the Weytwut glyph, which seems really crucial to benefit from the Knockback bonus. Binlor to get even more knockback, and pisorf as a next best thing to move people around.
I'm not saying this is the proper strategy, though. IMAWAL can be really useful for leveling up here.

The hardest part, as I was told, is simply leveling up, and learning how to deal with all the nasty monster traits, while being able to keep the right popcorn to be able to deal with frostbite, etc.

Compared to that, I'd say VGT is pretty simple. At least you can level up freely, and most enemies trait are not very nasty.

srid

Postby maya on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:18 am

maya

Postby srid on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:41 pm

You should really practice your god skills, they are the salt of this game, and really make the most powerful builds.
VGT in particular, is almost unwinnable without worshiping Dracul (well, unless you run with a vampire).

The hardest part with gods is probably learning all their "dos and don'ts".
Don't hesitate to ask if you need some piece of advice about them :-)

srid

Postby srid on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:16 pm

@maya

By the way, if you don't like using gods very much, then you should like the Vicious item reward for Phantom Citadel. Perhaps you should try to beat it with another class first (the one you're most comfortable with) if you didn't already.

srid

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons