[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:29 am

Well, I'm pretty much convinced that build can handle anything at this point.
shade_of_ox

Postby Unidentified Tower on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:57 am

Unidentified Tower

Postby Unidentified Tower on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:38 am

Is using IMAWAL in Errand Boy pt 3 cheating? I mean, like, not cheating-cheating, but is it the equivalent of doing the Translocation-Elite-Yendor trick? Because I swear IMAWAL just hard-counters this dungeon, it solves both the "how do I level up?" problem and the "how do I clean up the wall of goats to avoid getting Stheno'd on?" problem. But since you're asked to use Gorgon, it's not like petrification is ever far from your mind, so I'm assuming this can't be an oversight and must be the intended solution?

This legitimately gave me less trouble than Errand Boy pt 2. (That one I struggled with a lot!)
Unidentified Tower

Postby shade_of_ox on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:22 am

That's how I cleared the Curious version. So... no. It's just a good item. In the base dungeon the goats aren't particularly dangerous enemies (actually way easier to level off than the rest of the enemies) so I would say IMAWAL is balanced here, if strong.
shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:12 pm

I almost finished watching your Tinker run in Curious VGT . It seems like you made much more mistakes than for the Sorcerer, so it actually makes me wonder if it wouldn't be easier like this even in a normal kingdom.
At least the chances to get the correct 3 items are increased, and the chances to get more good items on top of that are better too.

Also, your Translocation Scouting trick is awesome :-D I've never seen it before, it's very clever.

The one thing I would have done differently is this:

Aside from that, another awesome run, congrats!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Unidentified Tower on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:30 am

The PISORF-Riposte glitch seems to apply not only to PISORF but also to knockback on your physical attacks from things like Bear Mace. Game just froze during a Lekon's Table Curious Gorgon No-IMAWAL No-Yendor No-Codex run in the endgame because I moused over a monster normally, I had knockback from Binlor and the shrouded goat behind it must have been Sloth :cry:

(I know you already said you're fixing it next patch srid, just warning people so they can avoid it)

Oh well. It's an easy run, I'll just do it again and be careful next time.

On a lighter note, I made a mnemonic for the sin order: People With Lekon's Silverware Generally Eat Goats :lol:
Unidentified Tower

Postby Unidentified Tower on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 am

Sorry for doubleposting, but got the win right after! Lekon's Table Curious Miser Hoarder Feelingparched Gorgon with no IMAWAL, no Yendor, no Translocation Seal to cheat Miser, and none of my precious precious Avatar's Codex. Too easy 8-)
Unidentified Tower

Postby srid on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:51 am

Out of curiosity, did you find another way to 'cheese' it, or is it just the result of very efficient play?
Well done BTW, I didn't try it but I heard this one was pretty tough. Beating it with a Gorgon without potions or IMAWAL is even more impressive.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Unidentified Tower on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:20 am

Unidentified Tower

Postby Unidentified Tower on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Just like the Troll Laboratory level 1 challenge, there are actually two possible ways to beat Curious Lekon's Table as a Gorgon without ever gaining EXP from any source other than killing the bosses. (Although one is much easier to do with a non-Gorgon class.)

Can you figure out how to do it? Can you figure out both approaches?

Solution videos:

Also, my Errand Boy 3 run.
Unidentified Tower

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons