[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby srid on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Wow, this is very impressive. I'm trying to figure out what kind of exploit you used this time, but looking at the final screenshot it seems that you only use legit strategies.

My guess is:

If I'm right it means there isn't even anything to nerf, congrats! I had this strat in mind for a while (well not the Codex part) but never tried to see how far it could go and certainly not thought that it could go that far!!!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Nurator on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:50 pm

Wow this is insane! I always thought I am an above par player by beating Gilded Goat pt.6, then shade_of_ox came along and totally crushed everything I never thought was possible and now you shatter my expectations of what is possible again!

A screenshot alone where the curious and vicious tokens are not marked with "New" is insane... but with legit strategies now? I bow to you, man!

By the way, did you tackle the master pack puzzle yet? Maybe there I can beat you (I have finished every single one of them :) ), but I am not too sure about that :D
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:16 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:01 pm

It seems that we always assumed that having big bars just wasn't enough to clear VGT Curious (or even regular VGT). I guess we've been proven wrong.
shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 pm

srid

Postby Unidentified Tower on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Last edited by Unidentified Tower on Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unidentified Tower

Postby General_Milky on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:20 pm

Sounds like to me that troll just shouldn't reshroud tiles if, through DR, they make a netgain on health through it. Sounds to me like the meat of this strategy relies on making infinite health/mana generators to make incredible piety farms to get ALL THE BOONS with.

EDIT: Looking at the video, seems the B2P/reshroud/troll regen/1 damage interaction is the other half of this. I don't even know you'd even fix this... Just, wow. Clever, that.
General_Milky

Postby Unidentified Tower on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 pm

Unidentified Tower

Postby General_Milky on Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:03 pm

I finished the video.almost got you. That was pretty intense, seems even with your troll cheese this isn't EASY.
General_Milky

Postby srid on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:41 am

I started looking at the first 60s of the video

I guess it's required for your shenanigan, but it is quite shocking to behold.

Plus, that's a 2h hour video. wow.

EDIT: Still haven't finished the video yet (41 min), but so far this is what I expected.
I've checked the code, and in fact the glitch for the troll regen comes from the fact that
I checked that the damage received must be greater than HealthRegen+HealthRegenBonus
while it should be comparing it to (HealthRegen*PlayerLevel)+HealthRegenBonus.

Also, I think that if we want to prevent that Halpmeh exploit, we should probably compare it to
((HealthRegen+ManaRegen)*PlayerLevel)+HealthRegenBonus instead.
It would prevent any abuse like this, even if theoretically, someone patient enough could probably still get something
out of it by using the free DP every 6 tiles to counterbalance that.
If we want to prevent that as well we should also not shroud blackspace on DP break.

EDIT2: Finally finished watching the whole thing. It's awesome. Not only did you find a very nice exploit, but even with that you almost got screwed like 3 times and were able to improvise out of these sticky situation.

Loved the reference to One Way Heroics BTW.

srid

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons