[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:41 pm

Definitely do that! In my opinion, the Heavy Reading puzzle is the best content right now in the complete game. Its just amazingly put together. It looks so easy on first look, but the strategy involved is so interesting to pull off, that finally getting it right is really rewarding!

Next stop: Namtars Lair! The Curious vanilla vicious dungeons are really fun so far :)

EDIT: Ok Namtars Lair is insane... I got twice to the stage with 5 Namtars next to me, and I can kill 2-3 of them, but at that point I am so out of ressources, that I cant go on anymore. Any tipps here?
Nurator

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:38 pm

High damage builds work best for me. The Rogue seems to be the right answer every time ;)
shade_of_ox

Postby shade_of_ox on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Haven't done any more runs of Goatperson in Curious EB, but I figured I'd write up my strategy:
shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:07 am

I noticed a small patch yesterday.. did you fix something? or change balance? :D
Nurator

Postby srid on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:06 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Nurator on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am

Ok thanks! Any ETA on the South yet? :D Curious Namtars Lair is crushing my spirit, I need new levels :D
Nurator

Postby srid on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:53 am

I don't want to make false promises.
We made good progress this weekend but there is still a lot to make.
Plus we started redesigning the Southern classes again.
All I can say is that once the South is released you will have plenty of new stuff to try out!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:24 pm

@Nurator - I uploaded a video of Curious NL, if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEzSKt9NdJQ
Pretty bad play by me in the pit, I didn't manage my potions correctly and converted BURNDAYRAZ (???) but a win's a win, I guess. It would have been much easier with Crystal Ball.
The basic strategy is just to have a very high damage build that can 2 or 3-shot the bosses in the pit, since they have fairly low HP.

I also think Punchomancer probably walks all over this dungeon, if you're just trying to get the clear.
shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:02 pm

srid

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons