Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme East Spoiler and Discussion Thread

Postby Nurator on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Okay, now I am totally confused... I somehow managed to get a backup save file back to life, so now I have all the save back I lost a month ago :)

But still no Goat Glade... however I managed to get the EE edition to run in a way, that the base game is not influenced, so now I have a base game with Goat Glade and my EE save file back with all quests done :)

So I am done for now, but I am still confused^^
Nurator

Postby Unidentified Tower on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 pm

A dungeon idea using EE mechanics I'm going to put here because I can't get it out of my head:
Spoiler: show
A dungeon divided into separate "islands" in the style of Flooded Foundry. But here, there are no Corestones to help, nor will ENDISWAL effects connect up the islands. (The islands themselves would still have some internal walls of their own, the point here isn't to make Binlor pointless.)

Instead, each monster has a Translocation Totem (recolored Gold Statue sprite, No Experience, Crazed Regeneration, Bloodless, Chaotic, 999 HP, 1 attack power). To move between islands, you hit them so their Chaotic ability will send you somewhere else.

This would mess with your exploration plans on its own, but on top of that, hitting the totems has some sort of drawback to give them a real cost. Either:

- They all have Frostbite equal to your level (they'd level up with you like Berserkers), or
- Each of them has a different trait to punish you for using them (e.g. Poisonous, Manaburn, Cursebearer, Riposte 50%, Corrosive, Weakening Blow, Spawns, Spawns Plants, an attack power higher than 1, etc)

At least one of the level 10 bosses would, of course, have Blinks, and you'd need to hit the statues a bunch of times to chase them around the map.

Optional ideas:

- A couple islands can be connected with ENDISWAL, or you get a couple corestones, but you can't complete the network this way like Flooded Foundry
- You can get some corestones from minibosses a la Bridge Troll, but not enough to link up all the islands
- The secret subdungeon is cut off by water; if you ever want to reach it, you'll need to pay a corestone
- Maybe the boss has Frostbite, and striking the boss for the first time gives all the statues Frostbite 3 or something? (In the version where they didn't have it already)

Thank you for tolerating my fanfiction

(Also I'm going to feel really silly if this gimmick is already used in some dungeon I haven't seen yet like Bard Gold or something)
Unidentified Tower

Postby srid on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:33 am

Nurator wrote:Okay, now I am totally confused... I somehow managed to get a backup save file back to life, so now I have all the save back I lost a month ago :)

But still no Goat Glade... however I managed to get the EE edition to run in a way, that the base game is not influenced, so now I have a base game with Goat Glade and my EE save file back with all quests done :)

So I am done for now, but I am still confused^^

It looks like you did a lot of manipulations with you save files. Now that you got something that works I suggest you back them up somewhere safe and only try things out on a fully copied brand new folder.

For the Goat Glade, I would have expected things to work like this:
- You need to be logged in to unlock the Goat Glade. This can only be done in the base game since we prevent logging to avoid tampering with online saves
- Once the Goat Glade is unlocked, it should be available after installing the EE too

But I'm not 100% sure.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby srid on Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:55 am

Unidentified Tower wrote:(Also I'm going to feel really silly if this gimmick is already used in some dungeon I haven't seen yet like Bard Gold or something)

Spoiler: show
Do you really want to know?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby maya on Mon May 13, 2019 2:22 am

a funny way to actually change the lust problem (in lekon's table curious) is to have the lust goat spawn in revenants instead, though I don't know how problematic that would be
maya

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons