Killing the Avatar but not the Djinns in the Demonic Library

All things Desktop Dungeons

Killing the Avatar but not the Djinns in the Demonic Library

Postby Lynzkar on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Hey!

Long time scince i've last posted here, although I've been lurking around the forum every now and then. Anyways, looking through the pictures I've saved from victory screen I have from desktop dungeons I found this one I have named "Avatar only", and I can't recall how I managed to pull this off. Somehow I've killed the Avatar, but not the djinns in the demonic Library. Anyone know how to preform this feat?

Picture: (Open the image in a new tab if it appears cropped)
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Re: Killing the Avatar but not the Djinns in the Demonic Lib

Postby General_Milky on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Did you get Weytwut anywhere in there? Only way I know to do this is to have an Imp blink into the middle staircase, reveal it with Lemmisee/Bludtopowa, then weytwut it so you can go down yourself.
General_Milky

Postby The Tapir on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 pm

I remember someone had the idea of filling the screen with plants under EM then leveling with patches and have him teleport you onto the stairs down to the arena, though I can't remember who it was. Probably someone in the bragging thread.
The Tapir

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Ah, that's from an early iteration of the Wanderer (a character who was eventually cut from the Extreme Edition mod). One of his abilities was true teleportation, meaning that he could just hop to any visible, non-occupied square. Thus, you could just skip to the middle and kill the Avatar immediately. Theoretically, you should also be able to pull it off with either General Milky's or The Tapir's methods, but this is nothing that complex. (Also, humorously it should be noted that you do not win even though you get the codex and kill him, because the Demonlords are required bosses. Thus, even though you could pull this off with The Tapir's method, only General Milky's method could pull you a win without having a broken class like the Wanderer.)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lynzkar on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Oh right, I didon't notice that I were indeed not playing as a Orc Transmuter. Thanks, The Avatar.
I did consider General_Milky's method, however I too noticed that I did not pull a weytwut.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby zayyeh on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:54 am

Tinker pulled it off with a Rat back then. She failed to kill all demon lords though, so that would be a real hardcore, if not impossible, challenge. If you are patient you will be able to find that thread and screenshot.

EDIT: Bring a Ledger item with you.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby srid on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 am

I checked the code and it is not possible now with Patch or Blinking enemies.

Patches can only teleport you on an empty tile (no altar, item, booster, stair, bloodpool). That prevents the player from being screwed by spawning on the secret sub entrance. For the same reason, monsters cannot blink on stairs.

However, plants can spawn on stairs, and can you can use Weytwut on them. That should work.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby choongmyoung on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:37 am

I once had tried to get in the sub, and I used WONAFYT to take an enemy to the stair and used WEYTWUT. But it took too much mana without being able to wander around (so no exploration mana restorage) and my mana potions were depleted too fast.
choongmyoung

Return to Desktop Dungeons