[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Warmonger Rat

Warmonger Rat

All things Desktop Dungeons

Warmonger Rat

Postby shade_of_ox on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:42 pm

The PQI just asked me to do this in Naga City. Is it even possible? How are you supposed to get any kills without glyphs?
shade_of_ox

Re: Warmonger Rat

Postby srid on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:16 am

The PQI uses a randomized algorithm and can give you any combination of Class + Badge that you don't have
already completed for a given dungeon. This doesn't mean all of them are feasible.
Luckily, if you restart the game you will get a new PQI.

Generally speaking Rat Monarch + Warmonger seems pretty tough, and yet it is probably feasible in some dungeons.
Maybe not Naga City though.
Recently I explained in another forum thread how the PQI algorithm works, If you don't want Vicious dungeons in your PQI,
you should increase their completion level a little. Unless you already rainbowed everything, in that case you will have vicious sometimes.

ON the up side, vicious PQI bring 1500 gold...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:21 am

shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:35 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby choongmyoung on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:47 am

choongmyoung

Postby srid on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:18 pm

srid

Postby srid on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:43 pm

srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:06 am

Actually, if you want to reset PQI you can also complete a burning dungeon (possibly any dungeon?) which will change the PQI to something new (in addition to restarting the game).

The last time I played this game, I pretty much was just playing "win the dungeon" instead of playing the game and would just run nonstop Rogue for most dungeons. Now I've come back to it and trying to 100%, and I think I appreciate the game a lot more now - there's so much depth to how all the classes can play, it's unbelievable. Now I'm playing a lot of PQIs so I can see if I know how each class works well enough - but when you get something like Warmonger Rat, it's pretty hard...

I ended up resetting this PQI by doing VT Labyrinth as a Gorgon which was also pretty fun.
shade_of_ox

Postby choongmyoung on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:57 am

As long as I remember, not only PQI resets when you try a dungeon run but also even when you hit 'restart' at the result window. At least I'm quite sure PQI resets when you try any dungeun run, but not always. It lasts for a few runs and then resets.
choongmyoung

Postby srid on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:28 am

That's strange, doing another run never did reset my PQI...

Actually, I just checked the code and I confirm that the only way to reset PQIs are by completing a burning dungeon or reloading the game (full restart, or simply going back to the welcome screen).

I haven't run a burning dungeon for a while now, cause I'm only doing PQIs and Vicious, and my current burning dungeon is the only normal I have already rainbowed, so I'm fine where it currently is.

srid

Return to Desktop Dungeons