[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Weird facts about mechanics

Weird facts about mechanics

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weird facts about mechanics

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:11 am

Really? I thought Slow Strike still wins. So if you have both, you can attack low level enemies first?
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Gorgons Petrify does not trigger Corrupting Aura, which I find strange...

Also, Unstable damage is not reduced in any way. Neither DP nor resistances work against them.
Nurator

Postby zayyeh on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:36 am

Please, don't discuss mod mechanics in this thread.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:46 am

Ok sorry. Another one:

Using Humility from GG allows you to effectively hit lvl 11, giving you another 5 base damage and 10 HP on the last levelup, instead of only healing you.
Nurator

Postby srid on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm not sure you got this right, do you mean that the first prestige level you get +5 BD and +10 HP, or simply that the fact that your level is reduced by 1 means that you can get 10 non-prestige level ups in a run instead of 9? Because the correct one is the second.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm

I meant the second one, dont know how to word it better :D
Nurator

Postby srid on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:51 am

I apologize then. Since for me it was the whole purpose of that boon, I was surprised that you didn't know about it when theavatar told you.

If you remove that level 11 thing, the only thing you effectively get is a little more XP bonus at the cost of -4 damage on you fireballs, a -1 health regen, and you lose first strike against enemies that were one level bellow you.
The level 11 boost only gets useful once you actually reach level 11. If you watch Choong's latest VGT runs with GG, you'll see that he often takes Humility just before getting his first prestige level. The reason I think is that there is plenty XP already in VGT while not losing fireball power and health regen during your level up phase is much more important there.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby Nurator on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:28 pm

I only ever used humility in dungeons, where I was having problems reaching lvl 10 in the first place. Thus, with humility you get a TON of bonus xp, which allows you to level up faster if you dont care about fireballs. So in the end, I got more levelups and had a solid increase, even without reaching lvl 10. Getting ANOTHER one at the end is just whole other dimension of usefulness :)
Nurator

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:35 pm

* Schadenfreude does nothing on a vampire, if the vampire is not at full health.

Kinda logical, but illogical at the same time. Schadenfreude is not the same as exploration. It is a potion. Mana potions work. Maybe it is a bug, I dunno.
AvovA17

Postby srid on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 pm

srid

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons