[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Weird facts about mechanics

Weird facts about mechanics

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weird facts about mechanics

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:16 am

Hm, you are probably right, because I cannot reproduce it right now.

But I swear, I drank 2 Schadenfreude potions, and I did not even hit anyone, I did not get the icon in the corner that on the next hit I will recover back mana. I have no idea what was going on.
AvovA17

Postby FuscaBat on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Gorgon's amethyst stare ignores weakness, so the strength of the death gaze may be different from the base damage.
FuscaBat

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:16 pm

shade_of_ox

Postby Nurator on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Wow, I think noone ever noticed that. Good catch! I wonder if I can use that in a puzzle design :O
Nurator

Postby FuscaBat on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 pm

FuscaBat

Postby Unidentified Tower on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:55 am

Not quite this thread's usual fare, but I never knew this could happen:

It won't consume your Shop Scroll either, and you can keep reactivating it to repeat this text, so this is an infinite ozone stench farm :D

With only 7 items in the pool, the game also correctly spawned only 7 of the 8 expected non-apothecary shops.
Unidentified Tower

Postby FuscaBat on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:18 am

Unlike schadenfreude, the blue bead does not recover your mana while you are mana burned.
FuscaBat

Postby FuscaBat on Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Some relations between shop prices and other values:

At the end of each dungeon, each item obtained from shops, whether purchased or translocated, is sold for half its shop price, rounded down. The tinker's discount affects the sell price.

Backpacked (not lockered) items can be brought into a dungeon for twice the shop price. These items are also sold for half the shop price, or equivalently, one quarter of the backpack price.

Lockered items are priced differently from backpacked items. Lockered items cost five more gold than the shop prices. Lockered items are NOT sold at the end of a dungeon, including daily challenges.

Kegs o' health/mana sell for less than their unpacked contents.

The tinker's sell prices for potions work strangely. Let's use schadenfreude as an example. The normal sell price is 7g (half of 15g, rounded down). If the tinker prepped a schadenfreude, its sell price is 7g. If the tinker purchased it from a shop, then its sell price is 5g (half of [15g - 5g]). If one schadenfreude is prepped and another is purchased from a potion shop, then the tinker will sell both for a total of 15g, i.e. the tinker's discount no longer affects the sell price.
FuscaBat

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons