[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme South Discussion Thread

Extreme South Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Extreme South Discussion Thread

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:03 pm

I'm setting up this thread in anticipation of the upcoming release of the Extreme South! It will be out sometime this July, and you can read a bit more about what it will bring up on the latest post on ddmod.weebly.com/news. I'll update this thread when there's an exact release date, but we don't quite want to commit to an exact day until we're sure a well-hidden bug won't catch us totally off-guard.

So, feel free to discuss or speculate on what's already been posted on the website in this thread, but in the meantime just keep an eye on this thread! If you have any not-too-spoilery questions, I'd also be happy to answer them.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Extreme South Discussion Thread

Postby Unidentified Tower on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:54 pm

I don't have anything interesting to say but I'm super excited!
Unidentified Tower

Postby shade_of_ox on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:07 am

The closer we get to release the more exciting it is!
shade_of_ox

Postby Byron Krane on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:59 am

While we're all in the South waiting room, I finished the Serpentine Shield unlock quest but had a surprising amount of trouble with Monk, even after prepping Avatar's Codex. Did manage it (and learned how to play Codex in the process), but I'd be quite interested to see someone do FB Monk Purist, whether recorded or just text discussion of how it went - I'm sure it's possible but only because every time someone talks about a new ridiculous challenge in this game it gets completed~
Byron Krane

Postby shade_of_ox on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:52 am

http://prntscr.com/oj9utm

Here you go! It's definitely a difficult run. It was pretty close for me, mostly because EM completely screwed me with her plant spawns twice. Taurog solves the early game. Venom Dagger was pretty much all the power I needed. It let me take the Memory of the East on early. With Monk's PR, fast regen, poison, and some helpful Forgotten Kinsmen to wipe Frostbite off, I was able to strip her DPs completely. Then I used all my potions, BURNDAYRAZ, and Entanglement to tackle the Memory of the South.

The general tips here are that Frostbite enemies are weak and easy leveling fodder if you can manage them properly. Forgotten Kinsmen are conveniently present to wipe your frostbite off of. Don't be afraid of taking debuffs from the Swampsouls, either, so long as you can level up through them. Strangely enough, the hardest enemies are probably the least exotic: Soul Suckers, who have high stats and Retaliate: Fireball. Though with a magical attack, of course they'll be awful for Monk.
shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:08 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby Unidentified Tower on Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:13 pm

Unidentified Tower

Postby srid on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:59 pm

srid

Postby Nurator on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:32 pm

*blushing*

But yeah I am really looking forward to your feedback!
Nurator

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:38 pm

It's almost here! After about one week of "Ok, this is the final build, right?" only to discover lots of little things to fix, we should be releasing the EE South at approximately 8 AM GMT on Monday, July 29.

Not much more to say than that. I'll reply again here when it's live, along with two more separate replies for the changelist for preexisting content and the spoiler post for the new South stuff.

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons